News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Project - Blue One - update

Started by Daytona Guy, August 22, 2011, 08:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

OK, got the linkage in and all hooked up (thanks to mopar John) . Now I notice that the column flops forward and backward. There must be some spring to loaded it back to keep it from going from natural into R and P. Even when is it back - it still shifts -  Help :)

Also, what kind of fine thread nut - holds the steering wheel on? Are they to be really thin?

Dane

Daytona Guy

Auto Custom Carpets - is the best carpet I have ever used - rubber coating on back - super thick 20 ounce cut pile. Well molded. Very hard to install but well worth it. This will deaden sound way better than any carpet I have used. I have a factory undercoated car, sound deadening membrane, rubber coated carpet, padding, and thick dense carpet. I can't get it any quieter than this. With 3" pipes - and 700 HP - I want it quiet inside but loud out the back with straight through muffs.

Package tray is .5' plywood, .5 dense fiber insolation under it, and 2' insolation behind the seat, and under the seat in the back.

I love this carpet - will never go anywhere else for carpet.

Daytona Guy

Anyone have a spare column shifter tension spring, and the lever key that keeps the shifter and tranny in each position?

Shifter key -

Compressed Shifter Spring

Daytona Guy

I have always wanted to do this. So I did - Gives it more of a Mag 500 wheel.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Daytona Guy

Does anyone else see two kids in a picture that I have no idea where it came from? But when I click on the pic it does show the wheel?????

Dane

JB400

Cool trick :lol:  Yes, I see the same thing.

DC_1

Weird.

The pic displayed is from here http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7722/img5196.jpg

it has the same pic name as the one you posted. Must be something screwy with imageshack site

Charger-Bodie

Me likey too. The wheel with the magnum 500 cap that is.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Daytona Guy

Spent the day assembling the headlights, mounting fenders, and mounted the nose. After 6 months the nose still fits as it was tested. Headlight motor works awesome. After the nose is complete - the wing is the last thing - and the car will be done.

Video of facebook - engine running

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=551114594918761&set=vb.100000606752210&type=2&theater

Dane

JB400

Looks great.  Can't wait to see the finished product :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :popcrn:

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

DC_1

Hemi Runner

Nice intake.... I cut mine up..........

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Hemi Runner on March 05, 2013, 06:59:48 PM
Nice intake.... I cut mine up..........

You really need to explain what you are doing with this.

Dane

JB400

My guess would be a tunnel ram setup like on the fuel injected crate engine chevies.

Hemi Runner

It's a 16 injector dual fuel setup for an all aluminum 540 cube twin turbo hemi. One set of injectors will feed pump gas and will handle street driving up to a limit of 10psi boost. The other set will handle race duty with 110 octane and whatever boost the 76mm billet wheel turbos can produce. The turbos will each feed an air to water intercooler and then into a stock LS style throttle body which will be mounted on the front of this intake.

Here is the mockup of the manifold plenum with throttle bodies on it.....

70moparman

Quote from: Hemi Runner on March 06, 2013, 06:27:15 AM
It's a 16 injector dual fuel setup for an all aluminum 540 cube twin turbo hemi. One set of injectors will feed pump gas and will handle street driving up to a limit of 10psi boost. The other set will handle race duty with 110 octane and whatever boost the 76mm billet wheel turbos can produce. The turbos will each feed an air to water intercooler and then into a stock LS style throttle body which will be mounted on the front of this intake.

DAMN!   :o

moparstuart

Quote from: Hemi Runner on March 06, 2013, 06:27:15 AM

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  i see you almost have my motor done
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Hemi Runner

LOL not even close to being done.... no crank, rods or pistons in that thing..... It is going in a superbird clone though :2thumbs:

Daytona Guy

What will that motor weigh? Hood scoop? Who's Valve covers? I feel all my HP being sucked out of the air - and all going into that engine.  Ha ha

Dane

Hemi Runner

Valve covers are Indy cylinder head units for extra clearance at the shock tower even though I'm cutting out the factory shock towers since I run a coil over converted front end.  The block saves 150lbs off the nose. I have a flat fiberglass bird hood so I'm hoping for no scoop. With the motor plate I should be able to set the engine lower if I need to in order to clear. I'm building my own aluminum dry sump pan so it will be very low profile and eliminate ground clearance issues. The plan is a full belly pan to just behind the engine to hold a diaper. The whole car will be slammed with the chin spoiler on the nose about 3"-4" off the pavement. Everyone I talk with says it should lay down nearly 1800hp at the flywheel and around 1600 to the tire in race trim. With the OD and eventual 3.55 gears, we think it'll go a high 7 low 8 at 160mph in the 1/4 mile at and then be able to hit 200 in the standing mile. Did I mention I want to be able to drive cross country and then do this with about an hour prep time after the drive?? I also have a trailer to tow behind it that will look like the back end of a bird, wing and all. The only thing I'm missing now are $$ sponsors.... lots of $$ sponsors.... lol  :smilielol: :smilielol:

Daytona Guy

For those who are building a Vega rear window Daytona – this is very important to do – that is - by adding this black trim, as new cars use, helps to hide the inside trim and black rope that will look really ugly from the outside. This step cleans it up really good.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73