News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Suspension question?

Started by 68ChargerJMP, January 15, 2006, 09:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68ChargerJMP

When installing the torsion bars, with no engine or any weight on the front end, where do I position the lower control arm swivel things? All the way down?, all the way up?, in the middle? Im trying to see where my ride height is going to be. Do I have to have weight up front to bring her down oto normal height ? Help please. Thanx.

Rolling_Thunder

well  with nothing up fron you are loosing at least 500lbs...    I would put the adjusters in the middle...   unless the engine and trans are in you cant really see the ride height accurately
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

RallyeMike

The control arm, nut socket and adjuster should be rotated down when you line up and insert the torsion bar hex. Be sure to put the left one in the left side and the right one in the right side. They should be marked L and R unless you are going with big aftermarket bars.

There is no way to simulate your ride height without some weight up front.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

68ChargerJMP