News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is the deal with these quarter panels? Ebay auction car

Started by bull, January 16, 2006, 12:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Rolling_Thunder

incorrect link....        from the looks maybe they are dirty ones that are painted brown/tan ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

bull

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 16, 2006, 01:54:24 AM
incorrect link....        from the looks maybe they are dirty ones that are painted brown/tan ?

Ooops. The link has been fixed. I thought that initially too but what's with the sharp angles? And it looks like a woodgrain pattern on the spares.

8WHEELER

Looks like light surface rust to me, and some water got on them and made it look grainy.
I have not seen those type of body lines, or ends to the quaters before, maybe a real old
repo panel that did not go over well.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

chargervert

Those are the old hand formed half panels,they were the first panels that were made for Chargers. I bought them as soon as they came out. I think it was 1982. At that point,us guys building Chargers,in the rust belt were extatic to have any aftermarket sheet metal for Chargers! The 69 Charger 500,that I am building the Daytona clone from,still has them on it! They are ok if you want to cut them up for lower patch panels,but I cant wait to cut them off the 500. I bought 2 rust free California cut off Quarters to replace them with! Those ones in the picture look like they were left out in the rain! They were shipped bare metal,no primer,those are very rusty. I think J.C. Witney still sells them new for $99.00.

purple70rt

Used them on my 70 in 1988, complete sh%t pieces, but at the time that's all I could find.  Also cant wait to get them off.