News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower Control arm Pivot Remover tool....HELP

Started by dlo3575, September 21, 2011, 08:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlo3575

I am trying to remove the pivot. I bought the special tool.  The directions don't make sense (and to top it off off, they got wet and mushy).  I can't figure out how to use it.  I wasted an hour and I am now mega frustrated.  Is there a video link or anything that can show me how to assemble this tool?????

The next problem for this MOPAR newbie....... :brickwall:

I can't get the last upper A arm bushing out.  The first one came out fairly easy with the correct specialty socket and a good 1/2" impact gun.  The second one said F*@^ you and refused to budge.  I even up graded to "Godzilla" 1" impact wrench we use on trucks.  Nothing.  I even torch heated it up. The used Godzilla....nothing.  Any ideas?

Sincerely,

Frustrated MOPAR Newbie......
D. Lee Herrera
MOPAR Newbie
1969 Charger (son's)
2009ZR1
2003 50th Anniv. Corvette Convertible
1964 Impala SS Vert
1963 Impala SS 4 spd 327-300HP

Chryco Psycho

the big sleeve is just a spacer to pull the pin into , the stud must thread into the couple & the coupler threads onto the pin , just run the nut down the stud & it should pull the pin
the other way is to use a propane torch & burn the rubber bushing , once the pin is hot & the rubber is greasy use a pickle fork & pry the pin out of the bushing

dlo3575

It is amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you!?!!  I was real frustrated with this LCA pivot removal tool.  After looking at other threads, i realized iam pulling it all the way thru, not pushing it back.  The real awaking happened, when I realized the second tool is not related to the first in the removal of the pivot arm.  The instructions were ambigious and confusing (didn't help that they were wet and mushy either  :eek2: ).  I also got an email from the manufacturer too...... se below:

http://www.americanmuscle.biz/Tool_TIps_s/21.htm
D. Lee Herrera
MOPAR Newbie
1969 Charger (son's)
2009ZR1
2003 50th Anniv. Corvette Convertible
1964 Impala SS Vert
1963 Impala SS 4 spd 327-300HP

John_Kunkel

Even after the pivot pin and (hopefully) the rubber are removed there is usually a thin steel shell remaining in the socket...this is the worst part to remove. Some weld a washer to the shell and push it out from the back but I just attack it with hammer and chisel.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.