News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger rear window ss moldings

Started by willard, October 07, 2011, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

willard

Hello, although i'm ebody owner a friend of mine is restoring a 68 charger. We are in Poland so parts are short supply here  :shruggy:

His car needs on of the rear window corner stainless steel moldings. I looked into books and the corners are not interchangeable - they have diff part numbers.

Can anyone tell me how to tell which is R and L ? the pieces we have are identical and they have one  side slightly longer. For the right one should the vertical arm be longer than the horizontal one? If anyone has a spare RIGHT piece we need one.
PS
Ebay has some but photos are shi*** and you cant tell if it is R or L side part.

twodko

Hello Willard and welcome!
The corner moldings are indeed different in that one is longer than the other. Someone will chime in here and tell us which goes where.  :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

willard

That's what I was looking for! Thanks.

Chatt69chgr

I believe the 69 uses the same SS rear window molding.  I see that AMD has it.  Does anyone have any experience with the AMD repoped rear window exterior molding?  Is it really stainless steel?  How well did it fit?  Mine didn't want to come off very easy and although it could probably be used, I was thinking of buying a new set.