News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

starting problem

Started by 69bronzed, August 03, 2005, 04:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzed

My 69 charger starts well when engine is cold. When engine gets hot, will not start. If I let it cool down, it will start right away. Have asked various people and get all kinds of answers. Everyone says it is vaporlock. I have a holley 4 barrel carburator. I don not have a vapor seperator between the fuel pump and the gas filter. Could this be the problem?

Charger4404spd

Sounds like vapor lock. Are you using the FelPro #1215 intake gaskets? They block off the heat risers and helps keep the heat out of the intake/carb. Also, you can put a Phenolic gasket under the carb base to help some also. I did both of these things to mine and it really helped.
I did put the vapr seperator on mine at first, but it did not make any difference.

beenaround

when it won't start remove the air cleaner and operate the trottle by hand.see if gas is being sprayed into the intake if not then it could be vapor lock.