News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Superbirds from the woods in South Carolina

Started by gymratt30, October 30, 2011, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gymratt30

"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

gymratt30

gymratt30

gymratt30

notice the "height " difference ( my son) from older pics.... its been three plus years now...lol

gymratt30

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gymratt30

this pic was taken almost a year later.... note the dust on my car.... it was now at a standstill...
months past.... nothing.. .. finally got a bit more done ( this set of pics.)

gymratt30

gymratt30

r4daytona

in case I missed it in this post, or if you didn't know it, your cars are the December 2012 calendar car(s) on the Cars-in Barns calendar. Pretty cool.

gymratt30

Quote from: r4daytona on December 15, 2011, 01:42:30 PM
in case I missed it in this post, or if you didn't know it, your cars are the December 2012 calendar car(s) on the Cars-in Barns calendar. Pretty cool.

Thanks r4 , yes i was aware of it making the calender, Steve ( the owner of the site and publisher of the Calendar) , gave me a call back in November, I told him the story and he said he would love to make it the December car (s).
My son got a kick out of it... nice

moparstuart

Quote from: gymratt30 on December 15, 2011, 04:10:01 PM
Quote from: r4daytona on December 15, 2011, 01:42:30 PM

Thanks r4 , yes i was aware of it making the calender, Steve ( the owner of the site and publisher of the Calendar) , gave me a call back in November, I told him the story and he said he would love to make it the December car (s).
My son got a kick out of it... nice
very cool   :2thumbs:

gymratt30

lately, I've been holding back on posting the next set of pictures for two reasons, 1st it is the "last set" or the coming home pics, and secondly, allot of you will get a DSAC newsletter, that has our story along with some of the "finished" pics. ( Doug has worked hard on the story and I want the subscribers and club members to get the "paper copy" before I start posting the end pics.)

* my last pics (DEC 2010) was when things got a little "lax" with the resto shop. I had fallen in a trap that allot of guys do when having cars restored, .... I had "paid in advance" to the point that all of what I was quoted was paid off , but that's when I started to notice, that less and less time was spent on my car.

I am not one to put anyone down, and will not....so I haven't, and wont name the resto shop that did 95% my car. Now the work was top quality, and I realize it takes time to do a car to this level, however, when you are "quoted 1 - 1 1/2 years , you don't expect it to take 4 1/2 years.

So, after 4 years and a few months I picked up my car and took it to the "second shop" .
I WILL SAY THIS.... the second shop was HODGE restorations, and I must say..."THEY ARE GOOD" Lee Hodge runs a FIRST class shop, Lee took in my car,  and within a months time the car was almost completed to show winning standards.
AGAIN I HIGHLY RECCOMEND HODGE RESTORATIONS. not only was he able to finish the car he tuned it, drove it, tested EVERYthing and made sure when we picked it up , it was perfect.
My thanks to Lee and his crew.

So expect in the next few days some pics of the car at home , ( with the original owner sitting in the drivers seat.)
I did shoot some video , however the car was unloaded and night and its kinda dark, may still post a link if i upload it to youtube......look for the "last Pics " soon.
Mike and Michael Hill

jonw29

U r correct.Le is a super guy who has a passion for the C-P-D vehicles.His restorations are all top shelf.Ray Moore who is a few miles away from Le did thye body and paint on my Talladega.He has a Superbird at his shop as well.I think its hemi orange not sure.

StoneCold

It's the month these pair are up on the Cars In Barns calendar.  Any updates or more stories on them ?

moparstuart

Quote from: StoneCold on December 05, 2012, 03:12:27 PM
It's the month these pair are up on the Cars In Barns calendar.  Any updates or more stories on them ?
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

Finn

Agreed, would love to see an update on this. :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

earnie

gymratt30

gymratt30

you guys are Right , updates are long overdue.
Gonna bring this story "up to speed" this weekend.
Ive got some pics, video ,and other cool info about the white bird .
Look for a update sunday night.

heres a sneek peek!

Mike and Michael Hill

StoneCold

Indygenerallee

Looks fantastic!!! I just read the entire thread! You should have went and bought a lottery ticket the day you found them!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html