News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Woodgrain restoration

Started by BY RSCO, November 02, 2011, 10:12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BY RSCO

I apologize is this has been previously addressed here, but I am curious of the best way to restore the "woodgrain" on console, dash, etc in my 69 Charger. The existing panels are in decent condition, just need some reviving. Not really interested in the overlays, unless they are truly the best solution. Thanks!

ChargerST

Console woodgrain is a decal anyways so your best bet is getting a new one. The woodgrain on the dash is different as it is printed on aluminum. If you don't wanna go the decal route there are only two solutions that come to my mind: first one is getting a reproduction dash woodgrain (BEA or PG Classics), second option would be a reprint. Printing woodgrain on the panels shouldn't be very hard if you could find someone who does water transfer printing. Just strip the panels first, get a woodgrain decal (to use as a template for the printed woodgrain - search for 3M DI-NOC woodgrain), have it printed on the panels.

repro pieces are not cheap. have no idea how much printing is.

BY RSCO

Thanks for the info. The dash was my main concern for sure.