News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who's installed a scoop on a steel hood?

Started by Khyron, January 18, 2006, 05:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I remember a post on a step by step on installing the 6 pack scoop on a steel hood. anyone still have that?

Got my scoop, got my hood, have grinder, will travel :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Blown70

Quote from: Khyron on January 18, 2006, 05:55:17 PM
I remember a post on a step by step on installing the 6 pack scoop on a steel hood. anyone still have that?

Got my scoop, got my hood, have grinder, will travel :D

U gunna cut up a good hood?  I would suggest not... But that is your choice

Tom

Khyron

Quote from: Blown70 on January 18, 2006, 06:23:46 PM

Tom

nope. It's not the original hood. So it's all good ;)

The hood is in good condition, but was sanded real thin on the top. so it's a good donor hood. Besides, it was also free :D

No original parts have ever been harmed in the creation of this car. Nor will they be, anything I've ever done was to old parts. Besides the hole I had to cut in my floor for the console. But it was in a factory location. So it's o.k. :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Blown70

Quote from: Khyron on January 18, 2006, 07:45:06 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on January 18, 2006, 06:23:46 PM

Tom

nope. It's not the original hood. So it's all good ;)

The hood is in good condition, but was sanded real thin on the top. so it's a good donor hood. Besides, it was also free :D

No original parts have ever been harmed in the creation of this car. Nor will they be, anything I've ever done was to old parts. Besides the hole I had to cut in my floor for the console. But it was in a factory location. So it's o.k. :D

That is cool,  because if you were gunna cut one I have one that is part way there.

Tom

1970440RT

Getting ready to do the same thing myself, but with a Hemi Hood scoop and a '73 flat hood.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Khyron

it sux, a google search only shows how to install a 3m Tape scoop  ::)

Guess i'll wing it :P

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Drop Top

The only way to do it is to pop-rivet it on Like the old Ford Broncos and leave it alone afterwords. Doing it anyother way will lead to cracking in the area where you attached it. It wont happen over night but the more you drive the car the more likely it will happen. There has never been one that I have seen last for more then a year. Everytime you shut the hood will also lead to the it cracking.

Khyron

good advice, but I won't be slamming the hood. going with hood pins and removing the latch, less slamming that way :D

I'm actually thinking about going up from the bottom. it's going to take some time and effort, but I have an Idea in my head. I'll make sure to document the whole thing :D

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

HDCharger

Somebody but I don't recall who makes a metal 6pk scoop and you can weld it on and not worry about the cracking.  I've got a spare hood I'm thinking of putting one on.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

THE CHARGER PUNK

harms auto makes steel 6-pack hood scoops -MATT

link-------->http://www.harmsauto.com/

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

phat69charger

Quote from: Khyron on January 21, 2006, 12:14:30 PM
$700?!?!?!?  :icon_smile_blackeye:

they can keep it.

I remember when it was $630.00 shipped and the pistolgrip shifter repo's where $359.00, you wait long enough you'll see a lot of things go up!

Arigmaster

Well, I tried to give you the step by step I used but it exceeded 9000 characters and wouldn't let me post it. I had it posted on the old site but it may not have been recovered... I will try to send it via e-mail if youd like.

AL