News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your Most Prized Possession?

Started by RallyeMike, November 04, 2011, 12:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

I'd be interested to hear what one tangible item people have that they value the most.

Everyone will say 1) Charger, 2) Spouse, 3) Health or 4) Pets, but that's not what I'm after. Think: The last thing you'd sell on eBay.

For me, I would have to say my Great-Great-Grandfathers pocket watch, which was restored by my good friends Dad not long before he passed away, so it has double meaning for me. It will be given to my Nephew once he's old enough to appreciate and care for it.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Fred

MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION.................. MY HEALTH !   :cheers:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

69bronzeT5

Even though it's not what you are after, honestly, it is my Charger. It's got more sentimental value to me than anything else I have. After that would be my Jackson flying V and Gibson Les Paul guitars.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

djcarguy

will be hard choise between 3 things dads 30-06 and his wooden carpenters tool box and tools some of my best times with him were target practise and building stuff like go carts push and down hill carts.. and my grandpas pocket watch that i have made a 12 inch tall grandfather clock case for.both have passed years ago,bye for now to them both.DJ

greenpigs

What about kids you value the most?

My wife would be one of the first things to go!!!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Fred

My wife stays............there's no way I'd ever let her go. she comes in ahead of my charger!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

64dartgt

My Grandfather's onyx ring.  My Grandmother gave it to him for their first wedding anniversary.

Dino

Since you can't sell wife or health on ebay (not that I'm aware of anyway) those should not be in the equation.

The last thing I'd sell is probably the Charger, everything else I wouldn't really miss.  I wouldn't want to sell any of my guitars, saxes or tools if I didn't have to but they wouldn't be missed for too long.

I do have a Bowen Superman statue (from Seinfeld fame) I would hate to let go.  I've had it for 15 years at least.

The most sentimental value piece I have is the dog collar from my little mut Dino, he died almost 20 years ago, I had him since I was 6 and loved him more than anything.  When we just got him my brother made him a little leather tag you could open up and wrote in his name, address and phone number, no chips in those days.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Old Moparz

You said not to say it was your Charger, but that isn't my prize possession that I'll never sell, it's my Satellite Convertible that I've owned since 1984.  :D

Putting the car aside though, it's probably just a few personal items that don't have much monetary value. Those items are things that my Mom had, or saved over the years & gave, or gave back to me before she died this past February. She didn't save much over the last 10 years or so because she moved several times, so the things she did hang onto were important to her. There are several, but here are two....

First one is a stuffed rabbit I named Painter because of his overalls. I had it from when I was 3 or 4 years old & I dragged it everywhere. I wore it out to where it should have been tossed in the trash, but my Mom stitched the rips & made him new overalls.  :lol:  She gave the rabbit back to me when my daughter was born, but I thought his hat got lost over the years. Surprisingly, my Mom had it & gave it to me when she found it in a box of things. Painter can now wear it proudly again.

My Childhood Buddy, Painter:

The other item is a drawing I did when I was 19 or 20 in college. I always had trouble drawing people but had a design professor make it easier when he said, "Draw what you see." It didn't hit me until a year after I had his class what that meant while I was sketching an album cover, King Crimson's "Red". Instead of drawing a face, I drew portions of the shapes & shadows until it looked like a face. My Mom swiped the drawing after I finished it, had it framed & held onto it for almost 30 years until she gave it back to me.

Album Cover:

Framed Sketch:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Dino

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 04, 2011, 07:01:40 AM
You said not to say it was your Charger, but that isn't my prize possession that I'll never sell, it's my Satellite Convertible that I've owned since 1984.  :D

Putting the car aside though, it's probably just a few personal items that don't have much monetary value. Those items are things that my Mom had, or saved over the years & gave, or gave back to me before she died this past February. She didn't save much over the last 10 years or so because she moved several times, so the things she did hang onto were important to her. There are several, but here are two....

First one is a stuffed rabbit I named Painter because of his overalls. I had it from when I was 3 or 4 years old & I dragged it everywhere. I wore it out to where it should have been tossed in the trash, but my Mom stitched the rips & made him new overalls.  :lol:  She gave the rabbit back to me when my daughter was born, but I thought his hat got lost over the years. Surprisingly, my Mom had it & gave it to me when she found it in a box of things. Painter can now wear it proudly again.

My Childhood Buddy, Painter:

The other item is a drawing I did when I was 19 or 20 in college. I always had trouble drawing people but had a design professor make it easier when he said, "Draw what you see." It didn't hit me until a year after I had his class what that meant while I was sketching an album cover, King Crimson's "Red". Instead of drawing a face, I drew portions of the shapes & shadows until it looked like a face. My Mom swiped the drawing after I finished it, had it framed & held onto it for almost 30 years until she gave it back to me.

Album Cover:

Framed Sketch:

Good job!

I think we had the same teacher, that's how I was taught.

69 OUR/TEA

Stretch

The parameters of the question make it tough. You said no Charger (that IS my number one sellable possession). Obviously you can't sell your health or family. I really have no idea. Guitars, tools, my great Grandfathers pocket watch, My grandfathers 30-06, My Dads Belgium Browning A-5 12 gauge auto? I have no idea! :scratchchin:
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Dino

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on November 04, 2011, 07:55:25 AM
Michael Jackson ?

Kate beckinsale...but close!  :icon_smile_big:

I used a much lighter picture but don't have access to it now.

twodko

Quote from: Fred on November 04, 2011, 01:09:38 AM
MY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION.................. MY HEALTH !   :cheers:
[/quot

Mine as well followed closely by my wedding ring.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

4cruzin

I guess I would have to say my house.  I like where I live just wish I had more garage space . . .  :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

RallyeMike

Everyone will say 1) Charger, 2) Spouse, 3) Health or 4) Pets, but that's not what I'm after. Think: The last thing you'd sell on eBay.

QuoteMY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION.................. MY HEALTH !    

Fail.

Quoteit is my Charger.  

Fail.

QuoteMY MOST PRIZED POSSESSION.................. MY HEALTH !  
[/quot

Mine as well followed closely by my wedding ring.

Fail, but with redemption.

QuoteThe most sentimental value piece I have is the dog collar from my little mut Dino, he died almost 20 years ago, I had him since I was 6 and loved him more than anything.  When we just got him my brother made him a little leather tag you could open up and wrote in his name, address and phone number, no chips in those days.

Awwwwwww. Winner.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nvrbdn

dang, ive been sittin here thinking and i really cant think of a thing. i have antique toys and trains, my cars, my campers, my boats, my every day drivers, the houses, its all replaceable.(its all insured). i cant think of one thing i have that a person with a wad in their pocket couldnt get me to sell.we have a room in the house with antique furniture and trinkets from her family and mine. kind of a memory room. it dont matter either. im lucky, i still have my parents that are 79 each and very healthy. all my kids (6 of them) all healthy from 32-21. all working. 7 grand kids,12-6 mos. i have these people. i dont need stuff. :2thumbs: im very lucky. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

General_01

My mom's old Gibson acoustic guitar. First guitar I learned on.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Budnicks

My now long gone Grandad's {1909-1999}, set of 1950's McGraeger Golf clubs, old bag, golf shoes,tee's marker & balls... It was his prize possession, my Grammy also gone {1911-1989}, would only let him buy a few things back then, they were on a tight budget {he died a millionaire}, Grandad loved them old clubs, that makes them very special to me...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

69bronzeT5

Quote from: RallyeMike on November 04, 2011, 12:24:06 PM
Quoteit is my Charger.  

Fail.

It is the last thing I would ever sell and it is my most prized possession. As I said it has more sentimental value to me than anything else I have ever had.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

John_Kunkel

Quote from: 4cruzin on November 04, 2011, 11:56:21 AM
I guess I would have to say my house. 

Me too...the only thing I really need.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: John_Kunkel on November 04, 2011, 03:13:01 PM
Quote from: 4cruzin on November 04, 2011, 11:56:21 AM
I guess I would have to say my house. 

Me too...the only thing I really need. I wouldn't consider health to be a "tangible" item.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

68neverlate

OK, even though RM asked us to exclude those 4, I still have to say that my better half would definately be my most prized... although I'm sure she'd love to hear I ever considered her my possession!    :lol:   :slap: 

I wouldn't be able to sell her on EBAY... no one would have enough to buy her for what I'd list her for.  She puts up with all my %$#$$.  The Charger is my project, but I'm her project.   :baby:   :rotz:

Health, Family, family photos (parents, kids, trips etc.), pets and Charger are next in that order.  Followed closely behind by my golf clubs and my curling equipment...    :pity:  :hah: :angel: :RedXShoot: