News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cowl paint prep?

Started by PA Dodger, November 06, 2011, 07:54:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dodger

I'm down to a few small areas of body prep before I start primer and body work. I'm at a loss on how to clean up the area under the louvers on my '69 Charger. I removed the large mouse nest and mouse carcass. Now I have 42+ years of crud/crust with a little factory red peeking out. I tried pressure washing already. Amost seems like sandblasting through the louvers is the only option.
Any thoughts? 
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

Charger-Bodie

Its a very tough spot. You are right about that. If you have many layers of paint peeling away under there you should blast it. If its mostly one layer of factory paint you may as well lett it fly.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

PA Dodger

No such luck on the one coat of paint. I know that it was painted with laquer overtop of enamel at one point. I hear that's a big no-no. I don't want a big eyesore here. I thought maybe the restoration guys might have some trick up their sleeve.
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda