News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rare 70 cuda

Started by rabidue, November 11, 2011, 03:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabidue

anyone know if there were and 70 cuda's from the factory that had a 383, 3 speed manual combo? guy at work claims a friend has one for sale and is a numbers matching car. He says all body work and suspension work is all redone, but the car is in pieces and needs only to be reassembled. Also this guy says a bargain price for $30k, because these cars are worth $70k. This guy's a big bulls#%*er and don't trust a word. please let me know if anyone has info on these cars

maxwellwedge

They made 150 of them.....The guy wants more than 6 Pack money (at the 70k price he thinks it's worth). 30k would be a stretch for a ready to go nice driver....in pieces? Not.

1970Moparmann

Yes, rare car.  $30k is way too much... $20 would probably be stretching it.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Fred

You really don't know what you're getting if it's in pieces.
Could be parts from anything thrown in but you won't know that until you start putting it together.. :nono:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

jaak

Rarer don't always mean worth more. I think /6 Chargers are rarer than Hemi cars, doesn't mean they are worth more. My  :Twocents:

Jason

Patronus

I know those e body guys are  :image_294343:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

426wedge

I used to own a 70cuda 383 3spd. It was a factory heater delete stripe delete export car. It still had the kilometer speedo in it. The motor and trans were long gone but it had a 440 and a 4spd. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. So they can ask what they want. It doesn't mean that they will get it. And i agree, just because it is rare doesn't mean it's worth more.
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic feet!!!!!!!!!

4cruzin

70k . . . Better be awesome!   I doubt it though . . . Especially if it is in pieces.  15 - 20k is probably close if the body is decent. :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Vainglory, Esq.

They are really not that rare.  It was the standard option for that engine; the 727 and 833 were extra-cost options.