News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger

Started by 69firebird, November 15, 2011, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69firebird

ive got a 70 charger that ive got to sell for a divorce but i dont know how to price it because its a one of a kind its a 70 rt with a 440-6pak 4speed dana rear with an electric sun roof.i called the crysler factory and they told me there was only one made with all that and a sun roof there sending me all the paper work.its completly original except its been painted back original of course its plumpurplecrazy with a white vinyl top white longitude stripe and white interior ive got the original build sheet and the cars got 88'000 original miles any ideas thanks

1970Moparmann

Depends on a lot. 

"If I were you......."  I would keep my mouth shut about the value, get some crappy 1970 318 car sales ads off of Ebay, and sell it to a friend with the notion that your going to buy it back "once things settle down". 

Value =  Options x condition x documentation x numbers matching

If it does have a factory sun roof, my friend you have something rare. 

Get that car back..
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

maxwellwedge

What kind of paperwork could Chrysler send you?.....other than maybe a letter.

tan top

hello & welcome   sounds like an  interesting charger    :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

Interesting indeed.   Post some pictures if you can.  Maybe start a thread in Charger discussion asking WIW (what's it worth)   be sure to post pictures and any rust issues it may have.    :cheers:   
Good luck. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69firebird

hey guys the car has to sell do to the circumstances i cant buy it back id really like to get a rough estimate by the weekend.

472 R/T SE

If it was orange instead of purple I'd say it was one of the promo cars like "Johnny SixPack's".  There were supposedly several of them built identical.

I'd love to see the fender tag.

If you could, would you please register it over @ http://1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/

skip68

Get some pictures up.  Do like I said.  Start a what's it worth thread and you'll have your answer in a day. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BIG ZAZA

I can say for sure in todays market a rare clean driver b-body would be in the 40-50 range.  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Curious who you called at the Chrysler factory that knew all this and had "paperwork" to send you.  Kind of a red flag.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: BIG ZAZA on November 16, 2011, 10:52:50 PM
I can say for sure in todays market a rare clean driver b-body would be in the 40-50 range.  :scratchchin:

I wouldn't say "for sure". :yesnod:

maxwellwedge

All depends on condition

68 RT

Sounds like a fake post too me. If not put it on ebay and start it out for 1 cent no reserve. If you have to sell it, you will get top dollar on ebay for that kind of car.   :Twocents:

elacruze

anybody who has that car and chose to use '69Firebird' as their tag on this forum is full of crap, I figure.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

nvrbdn

it doesnt matter what the car used to be if it has set under a tree for 20 years leaking water through the sunroof and trunk seal. in that case its a vin tag with spare parts hung around it. post pic's for a real evaluation. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

The lack of capitalization and punctuation tends to make me think we're being trolled too for some reason.  It doesn't smack of the typical "about to get divorced, I own a 70 Six Pack four speed Charger with sunroof and hi-impact paint" demographic.

69firebird

well sorry for not caring if i dont have every little period where its supposed to be but im not trolling and yes my names 69 firebird because i dont like chargers im a pontiac guy im selling it for my friend and i hate to tell you but we know where this cars been since the day it was bought and its never set outside a day in its life but it dos'nt matter anyway since judging by the comments nobody on here knows what its worth.

Ghoste

Several have asked for pics.  Pretty hard to answer your question without knowing condition.  The very best one in the world if its all you say could bring 80+, if your description is overly optimistic it could be worth parts car money.
Your post was a little vague.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 69firebird on November 17, 2011, 02:25:49 PM
well sorry for not caring if i dont have every little period where its supposed to be but im not trolling and yes my names 69 firebird because i dont like chargers im a pontiac guy im selling it for my friend and i hate to tell you but we know where this cars been since the day it was bought and its never set outside a day in its life but it dos'nt matter anyway since judging by the comments nobody on here knows what its worth.

Besides pictures ---

- Rust issues?
- Numbers matching?
- Has it been restored?
- Fender tag?
- Broadcast sheet?
- Miles?
- Replaced parts?
- Condition of the paint?
- Everything work?
- What are the options besides sunroof?

Your buyer may be on the board here.  Pictures will dictate a lot and then the answers to above will help with a better number.

If you can't post pictures, send them to me at moparmann1@gmail.com and I will be glad to post.   :2thumbs:

ChargerST

vancamp

Ghoste

You started by implying it was yours and then it became a friends, you check in every day but you still haven't proven the car exists.  I'm going to remain a skeptic and I hope you prove me wrong and if you do I'll apologize just as much as I'm calling you on it.  But until you do, I say  :icon_bs:

Rolling_Thunder

Post pics or go away dude...   don't come to the board, ask for help, then act all butt hurt and criticize what WE know...    We'll tell you EXACTLY what it is worth as we are the biggest concentration of Charger knowledge and owners out there...      so put up or shut up.   

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

maxwellwedge

Ouch

Some were a little harsh, don't you think guys......you sent the guy packing.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 13, 2011, 04:48:55 PM
Ouch

Some were a little harsh, don't you think guys......you sent the guy packing.

Maybe hew as packed already before he posted  :cheers:

From what I understand you can call chrysler/dodge and they can still verify your cars down to the time it came off the line, who painted, etc,