News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Man Buries BMW goes to jail

Started by 73dodge, January 19, 2006, 09:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73dodge

This story is starting to get air time on CNN as I just saw it on the airport TV on CNN this morning at DFW airport.

Well the moron in this story digs a hole and dumps his bimmer in it and reports it as stolen just to collect insurance  is going to jail for a year. I don't want to post the link but you can find it on cleveland.com. or here http://www.wtam.com/local_news.html#42 scroll down for the story

So why do I care? Because I was going to sue this idiot I am collecting data to sue this idiot for damage to my driveway last summer. The story goes like this. on the border of my property and my neighbors property was a very large dead oak tree. This thing was very tall over 100 feet and probably a good 36" in diameter at the base. So my neighbor called Mueller tree service to cut the tree down. Well the appointed day comes to drop the tree and the crew does not show up. It was on a Thursday the crew was supposed to show up but they did not show up, the next day my neighbor has to leave for vacation. Well the morons show up armed with chainsaws and a dump truck the next day after my neighbor has left for vacation. Well these half wits park all their trucks/cars/chainsaws in my driveway and unload all their equipment and parks a shredder on my lawn. I was not home at the time but my wife was. They then proceed to drop this monster tree all at once across MY driveway, it lands across my driveway and falls across the street and blocks my driveway and the street. I am no tree cutting expert but DAMN even I know that was effin STUPID. A tree over 100 feet tall needs to come down in pieces. Well my wife calls me because she has to leave and comes out of the house and finds a tree blocking our drive. She politely tells the head idiot that she has to leave and would they please remove my NEIGHBORS tree from our driveway. They then proceed to give her a hard time! WTH. So she then calls me and is all upset and I start home and by the time i get home they had the tree cut up and they were removing the pieces and shredding what was left so I did not see the whole thing at that point. But before I got home they had to cut some trees that were in my neighbors back yard so they back the dump truck with the shredder up my driveway and drive across my backyard to get to my neighbors back yard. I get home and find tire tracks on my lawn and a dump truck parked on my lawn. So I walk up to the head idiot and ask him who gave him permission to drive across my lawn. He fumbles for words and can't seem to remember who gave him permission. So he was almost done and I tell him to finish up and get the hell off my property. They finish a few minutes later and pull out of my drive into the street to finish cleaning up the remnants of the first tree.

So after seeing all that I go in to my house was busy working on something. My wife had returned at that time and had parked our mini van in my neighbors driveway because the tree company had finished with the back yard and had pulled back out of the driveway and was now blocking the whole street with their dump truck/ shredder. She could not get to our driveway and decided to park in the neighbors drive. The tree idiots were doing the final clean up and decided to park their truck so that they blocked both lanes of the street.  So after that my wife has to leave again, she walks to the neighbors driveway pulls out of the drive and because she can't see around the truck that was blocking the street pulls out in to the street and sideswipes a passing pickup that had pulled around the dump truck that was blocking the street. So now my wife calls me and tells me she just wrecked the van because of the tree company's trucks blocking her view and is crying and PO'd. I walk out of the house and see her and see that the front of the mini van is wiped out. Since the front of Chryslers minivans are basically plastic the damage is extensive. So the slack jaws at the tree company quickly pull the dump truck away because they said they have to empty it just before the cops show up to write up the accident. Well since the tree company was no where to be found he could not write them a ticket for blocking the road. He does the police thing and leaves. The tree idiots suddenly show back up and finish their cleanup. So now I am PO'd more. And as I finish pulling the van out of the street and back into the drive a thought strikes me. An Oak tree that is over 100' tall has to weigh close to a ton I wonder if it did any damage to my driveway. Sure enough big crack across the corner of the apron where the tree hit. So I run in the house and grab my camera and start taking pictures, I then walk up to the head slack jaw and start yelling at him asking him whos going to pay for the damage to my drive!!!!!!!  He says it's not that bad and he wants to just cut a relief the crack with a concrete saw. I say that's not the way it was before he started and I want them to put it back the way it was before they busted it. So they give me the owners number and since then he has never called me back. I have tried on numerous occansions to get a hold of this fool but he never has called me back. I sent him a registered letter 2 weeks ago and CC'd my attorney as the last step before small claims court. Now I see the fool has gotten his due and is heading to jail for a year.

Divine retribution comes to mind here.

I am going to still try to sue him and maybe I can put a lean on whatever meager possesions he has left to pay for the damage to my drive.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

andy74

i think the point of this story is your neighbor is an idiot?

73dodge

Actually he's a nice guy. A car guy, he owns a body shop has a sweet 86 monte carlo and a 69 Olds. He was gone at the time the idiot tree service crew showed up. And he would have stopped them from parking their junk on my drive
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

RD

Quote from: 73dodge on January 19, 2006, 09:50:53 AM
Actually he's a nice guy. A car guy, he owns a body shop has a sweet 86 monte carlo and a 69 Olds. He was gone at the time the idiot tree service crew showed up. And he would have stopped them from parking their junk on my drive

that is crazy! no sense on thinking about coulda shoulda woulda's but man I am glad that you are getting some type of retribution after all that.  take him to the bank!  :icon_smile_evil:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar