News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger AC/Heater box question

Started by Calif240, November 18, 2011, 08:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Guys,
I'm getting ready to put my dash back in. When I got my '69 charger, the heater/AC ducts and hoses were broken and torn out. I believe I've got most of the parts purchased to get it back correct. I've got vent hoses that will come off of the T-Box that feeds the center vent. I've also got the ducts that feed the defrosters at the top. However, it looks like something should be in front of the fan. In some pictures it looks like a filter screen, but I can't tell. I don't know what the part would be called, or I'd try to find it on YearOne or Classic or something. Can you guys tell me what goes in front of the fan and any suggestions on where to purchase? Sorry for the elementary question, but I've searched everywhere. Do I need any other vents or hoses that connect other than the vacuum hoses?

Thanks guys!
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

lasvegas69charg

there is a flex duct that goes in front of the box that goes to the side pass vent.  its connected from the box to the vent.  is this what your talking about?  there is also a hard plastic cover that goes over it to cover it.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Calif240

I've attached a picture that shows what I'm talking about. It is the center square portion of the box. I've got the 2.5" tubes that lead to the vents and defrosters. I'm just wondering what goes in front of the blower motor here. It looks like either another larger duct, or a filter, or something. I'm just not sure and I can't find the answer in any other previous threads. I appreciate the help.
Terry

autodynamics

Calif240

It looks like, from these pictures that nothing goes over the opening then? Is there nothing that covers this for the final assembly? It seems like the fan would just blow into the back of the glovebox? I appreciate the help guys.

richRTSE

That flap in there controls whether your suck in fresh air from outside through the cowl, or recycle the air from inside the car. There is a cover piece the bolts to the bottom of the dash and heater box to keep you from sticking your hand in there though. I think I just saw a picture of that cover posted in one of the other A/C posts this week...

richRTSE

Calif240

Thanks Rich. That makes sense. I figured there was something I was missing because of the other pieces that weren't there when I got the car.

I appreciate the help

Terry