News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Honda mortorcycles, anyone into them?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, November 20, 2011, 06:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

The first bike my dad got for me on my 14th birthday was a 1965 Honda C110 50cc bike ( cost him 200.00 back in 1970 ).  I had it registered when I was 16 and drove it everywhere.  I didn't have a car so even in snow I drove it to work. The picture is of my little sister and me. I ended up pulling the 50cc engine and dropping in a70cc engine, then a 90 cc engine.  That poor little bike. I've always been into those classic Honda's.
Last week I picked this 1970 Honda SS125 for 100.00. It's all original and took lots of work to get it up and running. From a leaky pet fuel cock to shorted wires and a seized engine, it was a challenge. Let's not forget there was no key either. But 3 days later I had it up and running. This is my new ride, it'll do 50 plus so it'll be a great bike to ride around the neighborhood. Really cool to see a 125 twin cyl.  
What have you got, or had?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChgrSteve67

Thats really cool.

I would not say I'm still into bikes. I sold my last bike a few years ago due to medical problems.

Growing up my Uncle had a few Honda 50's my cousins and I would ride around the neighborhood. hell I should see if he still has them in the shed.
Here is a picture of my 1979 Honda CB750F that I rode for many years. It started leaking oil real bad so I traded it in on a Yamaha Virago 750 that I kept for 12 years.

Lately I have been thinking about finding a late 60's scooter to restore and display with the Charger, hell maybe I should see if the Honda's are still around and restore one of them..

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

-Steve

1969chargerrtse

Wow your bike was really beautiful  :drool5:  wish I had one of them.  :coolgleamA:  Old Honda's are out there but restored they are expensive.  As you can see with mine they are still sitting in basements but you have to net work like crazy to find one, but it's worth it.   :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

General_01

I am not "into" them, but I did ride dirtbikes as a kid. My first bike was a 1972 Honda SL125. I took the lights off and rode on trails all over. My second bike was a 1980 CR80. Wicked torque. Below is a pic off a 125 like the one I rode. It is still at my parents house. I just got my motorcycle endorsement this past summer, so I may have to try and fix it up.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Paul G

We went to the Dominican Republic a couple years ago. They ride 125 street bikes every where. I didn't think they even made them any more. Restoring one is a great thing.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Dans 68

I have a '69 Honda CT-90 that I've owned for about 30 years. It needs a restoration but it is all there, 4,000 miles on the odometer...maybe I really need the '68 model?  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

1969chargerrtse

Yeah great stories and pic's.  My all time favorite would have to be the Honda CT 50/70.  Even little Michael Jackson had one of those.

rt green

still have my z 50. i had a '67 cl 90 for a lot of years
third string oil changer

RECHRGD

In '64 I bought a new Honda 90.  In '66 I got a new Suzuki X6 Hustler (hot little bike for it's day).  In '70 I couldn't resist the new Honda CB750 four cylinder beast and bought one of those.  Also had a 250 Bultaco that I used to tear up the So. Cal. deserts with.  In '71 our first daughter was born and I promised the wife no more bikes until the kids were grown.  My kids are now 38 & 40 and I'm still waiting for them to grow up......
13.53 @ 105.32

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 21, 2011, 07:49:24 AM
In '64 I bought a new Honda 90.  In '66 I got a new Suzuki X6 Hustler (hot little bike for it's day).  In '70 I couldn't resist the new Honda CB750 four cylinder beast and bought one of those.  Also had a 250 Bultaco that I used to tear up the So. Cal. deserts with.  In '71 our first daughter was born and I promised the wife no more bikes until the kids were grown.  My kids are now 38 & 40 and I'm still waiting for them to grow up......
Oh that's funny. Keep waiting. The 750 was the bike for sure back then. The 69  sand cast motors bring big bucks.

bordin34

I was trying to find a decent cheap cb450 for some time and gave up and bought another car instead. My friend has a 1974 90cc Kawasaki he got from his uncle, its all original and looks brand new.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

rt green

big bikes?  still have my '77 kz 900. have the full mad max fairing kit for it. for long rides i have a '03 st 1300 honda
third string oil changer

NYCMille

Here's a pick of my old 1985 Honda VF1000R - great sports-tourer and pretty trick for back in the day... handled like a dump truck though.

Dino

I had a 78 or 79 Honda cbr 550 which was a really fun bike and a lot faster then the old Vespa's or Lambretta's I used to ride.  I then upgraded to the fireblades and fzr's and all those suicidal things.  Haven't been on a bike in years and don't really miss it, but I'd love to have another series 3 Lambretta some day.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

Hadda CB550 and still have a 1972 Honda "Trail 70" like the ones above, but mines kinda gold/green color..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dans 68

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 21, 2011, 06:07:53 AM
Yeah great stories and pic's.  My all time favorite would have to be the Honda CT 50/70.  Even little Michael Jackson had one of those.

Yep, I also had a CT-50, CT-70, SL-100, SL-125, and SL-250. I did venture to a Yamaha DX-2 for a while to pursue actual racing.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Dans 68

I did motocross race the SL-100 and SL-125, after dropping off the headlights, taillights, etc., to get the weight down. Those Maico's, Husqvarna's, Bultacos and rice burners (Yamaha's, Suzuki's, and Kawasaki's) were a bit lighter than my 4-stroke.  :brickwall:

Dan

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Cooter on November 21, 2011, 12:06:24 PM
Hadda CB550 and still have a 1972 Honda "Trail 70" like the ones above, but mines kinda gold/green color..
That's the next bike I'm looking to get. If its clean and you would part with it stupid cheap, I'd drive to Va to get it.  :yesnod:

dkn1997

I had a CB450.. think it was an '80.  bought it in 92 or 93.  it was a little rough, but had barely 4K on it.  kept it for a year and got rid of it. Was a very good riding bike.  Not fast though.  Wish I still had it.  My friend is a CT70 freak. has a mint restored one and I think still has his from when we are kids waiting to get done. 
RECHRGED

moparguy01

I used to own a 1962 honda Dream 305. Decent bike but the geometry of the frame basically made that the scariest bike I've ever ridden over 60 mph. I got rid of it after taking it to about 65 once. I still liked the look of it though.

1969chargerrtse

Well my rare classic just went on Craig List.  I dropped my rare original muffler off at a welder shop to have holes filled on the underside.  The guy welded the holes alright, and also put a dent and 4 dimples on the top side.  There is no way I can find a replacement muffler and I don't own dented bikes.  I listed it for trade of a clean 550 or larger Honda.  let some collector have it.  I'm just in shock this guy ruined this rare pipe off of this classic.   :brickwall:

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/mcy/2714806187.html

Chryco Psycho

I love the ridiculous CBX 6 cylinder !!
but working a a bike mech I found the Yamahas were built better & bought a Seca 750 the firstyear they were available in 81 , Awesome bike !!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NYCMille on November 21, 2011, 10:54:09 AM
Here's a pick of my old 1985 Honda VF1000R - great sports-tourer and pretty trick for back in the day... handled like a dump truck though.

LOL.. I had it's baby sister, the VF500. An 86 though. Had that bike for roughly 10 yrs and then upgraded to a 96 VFR750 which I still have and commute on in the summer months. Ill have to try to dig up a pic somewhere.

New several folks who had the VF1000Rs and I think they described them in very similar terms.  :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 22, 2011, 08:00:31 AM
I love the ridiculous CBX 6 cylinder !!
but working a a bike mech I found the Yamahas were built better & bought a Seca 750 the firstyear they were available in 81 , Awesome bike !!
Yeah the CBX was something else. Still is.