News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 concept Daytona?

Started by bull, November 21, 2011, 02:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DAY CLONA

Quote from: gtx6970 on November 22, 2011, 03:41:54 PM
Mike,
to this day , it's THE best looking one of the bunch you were associated with.( or were you ? )

Those 'other' cars, ,,,, sorry not a fan

Thanks Bill,...the "other" cars that I created, the 71 Daytona, 71 "Tona" SuperBee, and the 71 Superbird were created based on a customer request, although based on the 3/8 scale model 71 Chrysler G-Series (1971) Witchita windtunnel tests, and a little artistic interpertation as to what the cars would look like in street trim, and while they were quality builds, the white 71 wasn't my cup of tea, so to speak, the black 71 Superbee however was much more refined in styling, and presented itself better in wing garb than the white 71,.. although the 71 Superbird, IMHO was my best design/build, as i feel the stylish Plymouth lent itself to being a wingcar more than the bloated 71 2 litre coke bottle Charger

Mike

DAY CLONA

Quote from: richRTSE on November 22, 2011, 03:32:59 PM
found this art for sale for $75....you get a commision Mike?

No commision Rich :icon_smile_big: Bruce A. actually did that print for the group of enthusiast (can't recall the website) that make the cartoonish cast toy cars, and Superbee bobble heads, fridge magnets, etc...they were scheduled to make a copy of my car the Watermellon, they got to the clay sculptured mockups for production castings which looked just like Bruce's print, MCG (Rob Wolfe) was the sponsor for the project if I recall, but I guess the current economics put the project on hiatus :shruggy: I was looking forward to seeing the finished project

Mike