News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 headliner question

Started by cavemanno1, November 26, 2011, 10:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

hi!we are going to change the headliner in our '69!my question is do we have to take the glasses out or it can be done without removing them?guess it would be easier but then would need to find someone to put the glass back and new seals which we dont wanna do!there is no one near us who could do the headliner so we are gonna give it a go!i know there are tons of thread of this subject but im not very confident to do it!is it difficult or need any special tool?while its out should we do something to the room ie:soundproofing or something!thank you,Peter and Veronika

twodko

Hey you two, how are you? I missed meeting you when you came to the Fremont car show with Dave. Has marital bliss fully settled into your home? We haven't heard from you for a while, hope life is treating you well.

Headliners are fairly simple to install yourself and no special tools are required. None of the glass needs to come out so don't worry about that. Please read through the "headliner" install threads herein especially Per's threads when he put his in. Like most things, just take your time, be patient and you will have a beautiful new headliner.
A word of caution, if both of you are in the backseat the headliner will not get installed!  :smilielol:  :smilielol: :smilielol: Good luck.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

cavemanno1

hi twodko!thanks for the info!im sure one day we can meet up on a meeting!we loved being in the States.we would like move out there next year for a couple of years!working on it but not easy to do it!we had so much fun with Dave!we loved the way he drove his beast!been a lot of places on the honeymoon and we loved every second of it!lately we have been busy moving house redecorating job search,the usual everyday things!married life is great,hard work but worth it!the wife decided our winter project,the interior must be done:)she will end up doing it because i have no patient and it is her car:)i only have my mobile and no other place to use internet and i cant use search mode on this crappy phone!im in england working ,my wife is in hungary and she doesnt like using her english because of the mistakes she makes!so i have to gather the info for our project!thanks again and take care