News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NOTICE: The server will be down for a bit some time this weekend!

Started by Troy, January 20, 2006, 12:02:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Ok, it figures that right after I get the site situated on the new server it will be off line for a little bit. :brickwall: The hosting company is expanding into another building so they physically have to pick up the server and move it. I guess they don't have extensions cords long enough so they have to unplug it for the short trip up the stairs. ::) They tell me it should take no more than an hour but they can't give me a definite time for the shut down - only that it will be between Friday night and Monday. Sooooooo, if you try to get here and there's a message about not being able to find the site then please don't go posting all over the internet about the site being "dead". I'm sure someone will do it any way so please inform them if you see it before I do. :slap:

Thanks,
Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

NHCharger

Why don't you PM MustangHater and save yourself all the trouble of chasing the "DC is down threads". :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Thanks for warning us, Now I can prepare myself so I don't have withdrawls :icon_smile_wink:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

andy74

Quote from: NHCharger on January 20, 2006, 06:32:48 AM
Why don't you PM MustangHater and save yourself all the trouble of chasing the "DC is down threads". :D
haha, that little pecker head!

Ponch ®

Quote from: Troy on January 20, 2006, 12:02:57 AM
  Sooooooo, if you try to get here and there's a message about not being able to find the site then please don't go posting all over the internet about the site being "dead". I'm sure someone will do it any way so please inform them if you see it before I do. :slap:

Thanks,
Troy

ok, but can we still start threads elsewhere throwing speculative (and unfounded) accusations at you?

that is all.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

694spdRT

Thanks for the info Troy.

I hope Chris is ready over at the '70 site for the "refugees" again.  ;)

1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

chargermick

Peckerhead. roflmao! Where do you come up with these affectionate names for your little buddy? lol

Charger_Fan

Looks like I'd better stock up on enough beer to keep myself entertained this weekend. :cheers:

Quote from: chargermick on January 20, 2006, 05:29:38 PM
Peckerhead. roflmao! Where do you come up with these affectionate names for your little buddy? lol
At least he didn't call him ass biscuit. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerAndy

Thanks for the info Troy but better yet...... Thanks for all your're doing to keep this site alive and kickin!   :drive:  Andy

Troy

I really hope we don't have any "refugees" this time - it's supposed to be down less than an hour and I requested that it happen overnight on Saturday. I'm planning for the worst since I've gone through all this multiple times but so far these guys have been pretty good and I have no reason to believe they won't get it right.

Troy

chargermick

Hey Troy, thanks again for this site and all you do for us. I'm sure that you have better things to do on a Fri. night than worry about us and the server. YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

Dodge-Charger

Hey Troy , Just in the slim case someone dont see this post first I'll set one over at my board. Just as a back up post.

Troy

Quote from: Gandalf-the-Grey on January 21, 2006, 12:13:11 PM
Hey Troy , Just in the slim case someone dont see this post first I'll set one over at my board. Just as a back up post.
Thanks.

Troy

Todd Wilson

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

LivedodgeItaly

..hey troy thanks... well wel I found the reason why I couldn't find it these days! hopefully back!

TruckDriver

Did it actually happen yet? I never noticed it down over the weekend at all. And I was on here quite a bit over the weekend.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 24, 2006, 06:01:42 PM
Did it actually happen yet? I never noticed it down over the weekend at all. And I was on here quite a bit over the weekend.
Yep. They may still "tweak" some of the network connections through Thursday so I'm leaving the thread up (I suppose I should take out the word "weekend"). The site may intermittently disappear but it should be for very short periods of time while they fine tune the new network.

Troy

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

bull

Hey, what happened to the site? It was down for a while then came back up. I hope Troy doesn't run off with all our T-shirt money. Is he ok? Has anyone talked to him? Is he on drugs? Where are my stickers? ;)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida