News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bristol speedway Aero gathering?

Started by RTDaddy, November 17, 2011, 07:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTDaddy

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on November 22, 2011, 12:21:33 PM
Yep, that was the plan since I wrecked it in 97. Funny thing was I met Barry at a Charger meet in Va. a month or so before the wreck  and he got me some pix of the original 71 Daytona so actually I was planing on building a stocker then just the wreck hastened the idea.

Al,
Hadn't realized it had been 14 years since you got those pics and info.  If you ever get the chance, I'd like a couple of zeroxes of the sketches and measurements I got off of the K & K car for you, as I'm looking at building up a "parts body" for "vintage" racing.  For thos who may not know, "Highbank's" car provided a lot of info to moe for building the Daytona clone.  Thanks.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH.'
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

moparstuart

Quote from: RTDaddy on November 24, 2011, 11:38:50 AM
Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on November 22, 2011, 12:21:33 PM
Yep, that was the plan since I wrecked it in 97. Funny thing was I met Barry at a Charger meet in Va. a month or so before the wreck  and he got me some pix of the original 71 Daytona so actually I was planing on building a stocker then just the wreck hastened the idea.

Al,
Hadn't realized it had been 14 years since you got those pics and info.  If you ever get the chance, I'd like a couple of zeroxes of the sketches and measurements I got off of the K & K car for you, as I'm looking at building up a "parts body" for "vintage" racing.  For thos who may not know, "Highbank's" car provided a lot of info to moe for building the Daytona clone.  Thanks.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH.'
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

THESHOW

Quote from: Mopurr on November 19, 2011, 12:14:47 AM
I can tell you that when we were invited by Tim Lopata to the Forge show,  Brent said one of his first questions was is it real.......he likes authentic cars for his shows.

I am just going to say that no matter how perfect or pretty a clone is you won't have the letters/numbers on the VIN or Code plate to say it is real and yes it does matter, I don't think any of the clone owners can say truthfully that they wouldn't like to be able to say their car is the real deal.

The clones have been welcome to most everything else, but face it there are places that want the authentic cars  :angel:

First let me apologize to Doug for getting twisted over this issue.As for clones I made it clear in a nice way to you thats not the cars I was looking for for MY gathering.Why you got offended over that is beyond me.I'm sure you would get offended if I posted Richard Petty was going to be  autographing items and you showed up only to see an impersonator signing away.

Tim Lopata

RTDaddy

Tim,
We're cool.  Any word yet on a contact to get tickets?

Thanks,
RT

held1823

Quote from: THESHOW on December 01, 2011, 09:26:24 PM
I'm sure you would get offended if I posted Richard Petty was going to be  autographing items and you showed up only to see an impersonator signing away.

amen. i appreciate your efforts to ensure that what you see, is what you get. 
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

41husk

I have a pretty nice clone and I was in no way offended.  If you are putting on a show or display and did not want any Fords at all, and I insisted on entering a mustang.  That would be Just dumb of me!  If your show were in my area, i would be there to appreciate all the real wing cars.  It would not make me like my clone or appreciate the real XX cars any less :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mopurr

Hey Alan......missing the Facebook like button here......so sending a LIKE to your comment!