News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuilding seat tracks?

Started by MyMopar, January 20, 2006, 09:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMopar

Anybody rebuild seat tracks for 69 Charger?  Mine doesn't always seem to lock and sometimes it seems like it is a bit cocked.

Ghoste

I would take the seat out and flip it over.  Then check all the mechanism over carefully for dirt and corrosion.  Look for any broken or missing parts and then just lube everything backup real well and put ti back in.  Make sure the spring on the latch is good too.

MyMopar

My problem now is it seems that some parts have fallen out of the seat track.  I just can't seem to get everything back together right, oes anyone have any assembly pics or any type of reference.

Ghoste

There is a diagram in the fsm but it's not a real detailed drawing.  I can try and scan it later and send it to you and let you be the judge if it's what you need.

MadScientist

Hi,

Since this thread was already going, I thought I would throw this out there.  I pulled my seats last weekend and found two things.  First, the drivers side left side was missing the spacers to the floor and the second, the "strap" that creates tension for the seat lever spring was also missing from the drivers side.

Can anyone comment on this or is it safe to assume that this seat should have had these items?

MS

phat69charger

I'm sure most of the members know my best friend is an upholster and I see and talk to him daily and I've seen him working of seats before, what he does if he's working on something new to him that he's never worked on is take only one of them apart and leave the other one assembled that way you have a map of how it goes and looks if he's putting it back like it was, you can do the same thing on your seats or take pictures before you take them down, I can get some pictures of what seats look like underneath.

MadScientist

Yup, I agree.

I photo documented these seats pretty well. The fact remains that the drivers and passengers seats were different w/r/t the spring tensioner and seat bushings to the floor.  Common sense tells me that both sides should be identical, but then again sometimes common sense wasnt MaMopars strong suit.  Thats why I come here! :icon_smile_big:

MS