News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Off Topic" Invitation Only?

Started by RallyeMike, December 14, 2011, 01:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RallyeMike

I have seen other forums make non-related topic areas "invitation only". If this is possible it might insulate some of the site's prospective members and make them feel more comfortable joining in the "Charger" discussion, and then we can subject them to our rants later.

:shruggy:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Troy

I can't tell you how many times it's been suggested that we kill off that section altogether. I'm generally against it for several reasons but there are days...

If any section needs more rules/limitations it's that one. Should it be based on post count? Half the people here wouldn't have any posts if it weren't for OT. ;) If it's based on request or some other method then the Moderation gets to be a hassle.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

elacruze

I post OT sometimes but I won't miss it if it goes away. I have other forums for that.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

Ghoste

The Les Paul forum requires you to be a paying user to access the off topic area.
Me personally, I'm like elacruze in that it is my least used section, so...

Fred

OK I admit I use OT a lot. I don't care about getting posts, I just enjoy talking other stuff (besides cars) and it's a great way to get to know other members. And if anyone is feeling a little low (as is often the case from what I've seen) this sight can cheer anyone up.
It's fun for a lot of people and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say..............please don't take it away from us.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Fred on December 14, 2011, 11:12:34 PM
OK I admit I use OT a lot. I don't care about getting posts, I just enjoy talking other stuff (besides cars) and it's a great way to get to know other members. And if anyone is feeling a little low (as is often the case from what I've seen) this sight can cheer anyone up.
It's fun for a lot of people and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say..............please don't take it away from us.

:iagree:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68X426

If it ain't broke .....

Abusers and stupid commentators are crushed, banned or just ignored. Just ignore a thread that's a waste of time, so why make it invitation only?

In other words I agree with Fred.

Why isn't this thread in the Off Topic section? Might get eight pages out of it.  :D

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Fred

Quote from: 68X426 on December 15, 2011, 04:28:25 PM

Why isn't this thread in the Off Topic section? Might get eight pages out of it.  :D

Exactly  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

thedodgeboys

:shruggy: So if I make a political comment will this thread get closed and go away?  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Just messing around...  :slap:

nvrbdn

DC.com is where i hang out.but i dont talk just about cars. i have met great guys on here that talk football.yep, we push each others buttons once in a while. heck its football. (and they are raiders fans :smilielol:) where else would i meet these guys if it wasnt for DC.com. cars arent the only interests in our lifes. thats where off topic comes in.unless you want us chattin football and christmas dinner in "upcoming events" :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RallyeMike

I'd hate to see OT go away. It's our trash bin. Sometimes it stinks, but you can't help from look through it and occasionally you find a treasure.

Invitation or post count - either way it insulates newcomers from the occasional spirited discussion and theatrics that thrive in OT. I mentioned it because a newer member had told me that one of the reasons he had lurked for so long was that OT made him nervous.

Mike
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/