News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

08 Charger Radio

Started by chargergal, December 18, 2011, 08:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargergal

Hi all, I have a problem that I am so confused about.  My radio is doing some weird stuff.  It has power with all the lights on, but at any given time the sound just goes out.  Almost like its the speakers but not.  Sometime its just static.  I thought maybe it was getting hot and shutting itself off, but it sometimes shuts off within 5 minutes.  Then it just comes back on.  Hubby took it out and checked all connections, everything is good in there.  I thought about buying a new one on EBAY but I don't want to yet.  I hope its not the wiring.  Can anyone help?
Thanks
Sherry

Back N Black

Check the IOD (Ignition off draw). Its in the PDC in the trunk. It has a black or white housing and is a 60 amp fuse inside of the cartrage. Look on the lid of the PDC if your unsure where it is. When the cars are shipped new this fuse is in the up position to keep the battery from going dead. Alot of times just removing this fuse and reinstalling will correct your concern due to the fuse not properly seated all the way.

chargergal

Thank you so much.  I'm starting to get discouraged with it.  I'll have my husband try that.