News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SURE GRIP TORQUE SPEC.

Started by Steve P., January 21, 2006, 02:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

I have a 742 case with a clutch style sure grip and green bearings on my axles. I need to remove the spacer block but do not exactly know the procedure or the torque specs. for putting it back together. Can someone enlighten me please??  Ron sent me a blow up pic. of the parts. That looks like cake. I just have no clue and can't find the specs..

I thank you in advance......
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

John_Kunkel

No need to disassemble, just use a pin punch to remove the pin connecting the buttons.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Steve P.

This is good news. I went out and looked at it some more after posting my "Q's".. I didn't realize it is just a roll pin holding the buttons together, but,,, it sure looks like a strong magnet could pull it right out of there... 

Back to work ..   Thanks John.. You are Da" Man... ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

Wow, that was easier than picking my nose!!!!  Thanks again John....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: Steve P. on January 21, 2006, 08:41:29 PM
Wow, that was easier than picking my nose!!!!  Thanks again John....

Steve, you do have a way with words !  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Steve P.

Hey, sometimes those little boogers can be, well, little boogers!!!! :devil: ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida