News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Part Listing Question

Started by Calif240, December 22, 2011, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Anyone else ever find a description on YearOne or similar site that doesn't quite tell you exactly what you're looking for? YearOne lists two different roof seals for Mopar B-Bodies. One for a "2-door Sedan" and another for a "coupe". Both are listed for 68-70 model years. I'm wondering what the difference is between the two cars that these are made for? I've heard of some of the Plymouth's being called 2-Door Sedans, but those were in the 50s. I'm sure I just have never heard of this, so figured I'd ask you guys to see what the difference is. I'm assuming the Charger roof seal is the Coupe, but you know what happens when you assume...

Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

jaak

The 2 door sedan is a 'post' car (on B bodies, it will have 'pop' out quarter windows, not roll down)...... Coupe refers to a Hardtop. Thats the way I interpret it anyways.

Jason

John_Kunkel

The terms have different meanings to different people, a sedan always has a post but a coupe sometimes does and sometimes doesn't depending on the source.

For example, take the '68 Roadrunner, the RM21 pillared car is always called a 2-door sedan by the factory and the pillarless RM23 is always called a hardtop. The aftermarket swaps the terms "sedan" and "coupe" at will. Add the term "hardtop coupe" for extra confusion.

By strict definition, if a maker offered both a 2-door sedan and a 2-door coupe in the same model year, both would have a pillar but the sedan would have a longer roof.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.