News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So anyone know this white elephant?

Started by WINGIN IT, December 29, 2011, 09:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

DELETED...so as to not get into a pissing match
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

ronnie sox could sure row those gears and for some reason i think he won a few  :D :D :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

roadrunner440

u can get more hp from a manual than a auto i prefer manual id drag witha manual and win win win :drive:

FJ5WING

pettybird

Quote from: roadrunner440 on December 31, 2011, 10:14:19 AM
u can get more hp from a manual than a auto i prefer manual id drag witha manual and win win win :drive:

this isn't what the road tests found during the muscle car era--Mopars seemed to run about the same regardless of transmission...

The four speed is "cooler" to own.  the automatic is a LOT easier to live with at places like the 'nats where you're often on a two-lane parking lot!

Ghoste

Ronnie Sox won a bunch with a manual, true enough, but in spite of what we all think there are very very very few of us that can shift like he could. 

GTXtreme

Quote from: pettybird on December 29, 2011, 10:03:59 AM
didn't know he had it for sale...that's Rich Fiore out of Long Island.  He's had the car for about the last 10 years.  It is a nice, solid, clean Hemi car, and I really don't think the change to 4 speed is a huge sin...as far as I remember the original auto trans was long gone anyway.

He also has a yellow 440/4 speed car.  I haven't talked to him in a while so I don't know if he's fishing or wanting to move on.  

he actually has 3 birds right now, ive been in all of them except the blue one he got 2 years ago. they are all nice cars

pettybird

Quote from: GTXtreme on January 04, 2012, 06:03:11 PM
didn't know he had it for sale...that's Rich Fiore out of Long Island.  He's had the car for about the last 10 years.  It is a nice, solid, clean Hemi car, and I really don't think the change to 4 speed is a huge sin...as far as I remember the original auto trans was long gone anyway.

He also has a yellow 440/4 speed car.  I haven't talked to him in a while so I don't know if he's fishing or wanting to move on.  

he actually has 3 birds right now, ive been in all of them except the blue one he got 2 years ago. they are all nice cars

That's the non running car and I thought it belonged to his brother Ron...?

GTXtreme

Quote from: pettybird on January 05, 2012, 11:00:37 AM
Quote from: GTXtreme on January 04, 2012, 06:03:11 PM

no its his i think it came out of copaige or lindenhurst

That's the non running car and I thought it belonged to his brother Ron...?

pettybird

hmmm...shows how well I keep up!  Ron's car came out of Buffalo or Syracuse, methinks.

roadrunner440

id just love to drive one of these birds just once!!! :drool5:

FJ5WING

Ive never had the opportunity to get my car on one of the tracks but I have had my car over 120 and didnt notice any difference in the ride versus any other car around the same speed. To me driving the Bird is no different than any other B-body. Just have to be more careful pulling up in the garage, the nose isnt a long as you think so Ive found that I was usually too cautious.

pettybird

pettybird

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 08, 2012, 11:58:14 AM
Ive never had the opportunity to get my car on one of the tracks

come to a meet!