News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 AMX WIW?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 02, 2012, 05:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

A friends dad passed away a few years ago and his 69 AMX has been sitting.  I cranked it over today and fired it up.  It has been retro mod-ed and has a 5 speed also.  Any ideas on value?  The body is all done and the front has a fiberglass bumper, light weight rims  etc....  The interior is excellent.  I told her we should eBay it this spring for around 15K.  Thoughts?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Slowpoke

what size engine does it have? Obviously the larger, the more valve it will bring.
68 R/T LL1
under restoration for the last 25 years

Vainglory, Esq.

No freaking idea.  But it is cool...

rt green

third string oil changer

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: rt green on January 02, 2012, 08:31:38 PM
390? 401?
No idea just yet.  Today was the first time I saw it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Chryco Psycho

343 or 390 would be original , the 401 was not available until 71 , All AMC engines had the same blocks so you need to find a casting or stamping # on it . I am not sure what they are worth now though .

greymag

Engine size is located on block behind exhaust manifolds. Slip a piece of paper up against block & rub dirty rag over it. The numbers are pretty large & you should get a transfer.

Aero426

I would say 15k in current state is high.   Definitely one guys car built to drive.    A lot of unattractive bolt on stuff for anyone else.   

1969chargerrtse

elacruze

I'm partial to '69s myself so take it with some grains...

Great clean-up, great pics, maybe a time slip; I think $15k could happen, but wouldn't bet my whole paycheck on it.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

projectanimal

Nice looking car!   :cheers:   where are you located?  My Father in Law has been looking at these lately. 
northwest CT

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: projectanimal on January 03, 2012, 10:06:38 PM
Nice looking car!   :cheers:   where are you located?  My Father in Law has been looking at these lately. 
Near New haven Ct.

greenpigs

A lot of the value depends on the engine size as stated, like most musclecars.

I believe a 290 was also offered in 69 and then in 1970 it was a 360 or a 390.

The dual carbs and other speed equipment is hit or miss, but most of what I have seen is restored.  15K might happen as they didn't make many and unlike most cars an AMX is an AMX, 68-70 at least.

I MIGHT be interested in trading my Charger for the little guy...... :icon_smile_question:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

projectanimal

My Father in Law lives in Milford!  Let me know what you end up doing with this and I'll see if he wants to take a look.  :2thumbs:
northwest CT

greenpigs

I see the odometer has nothing but 00000, any idea if he was finished with the car?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

projectanimal

1969chargerrtse -  My Father in Law is interested in seeing your car.    I know you are just starting to gather info, but if you have more pictures and details please shoot me a PM so I can connect you guys.   :cheers: 

I'm up in Simsbury, but we visit them often and hope to have our car on the road by the Spring and visiting the shore with it!   :2thumbs:
northwest CT

greenpigs

Sounds like it may be sold?

Anyways I couldn't do the swap as my kids would gut me! I have wanted an AMX for many years & a 1970 is my first choice, but nothing wrong with the first two years.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: projectanimal on January 04, 2012, 06:38:21 PM
1969chargerrtse - My Father in Law is interested in seeing your car.    I know you are just starting to gather info, but if you have more pictures and details please shoot me a PM so I can connect you guys.   :cheers:  

I'm up in Simsbury, but we visit them often and hope to have our car on the road by the Spring and visiting the shore with it!   :2thumbs:
I'll PM you.

I and the wife know nothing of the car. It was something he built and drove a lot.  It sits in the garage covered with dust. Inside you can tell this guy took great care of the car. It's neat and clean and there are two remotes velcrowed to the space between the seats, I think one is for a stereo and no idea about the other. With the 5 speed and twin carbs and I think nitro, this guy knew what he was doing.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: projectanimal on January 04, 2012, 09:01:52 AM
My Father in Law lives in Milford!  Let me know what you end up doing with this and I'll see if he wants to take a look.  :2thumbs:
Then he's about 15 mins away.  I'm sure she'll let him come look.

elacruze

Quote from: greenpigs on January 04, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

Anyways I couldn't do the swap as my kids would gut me! I have wanted an AMX for many years & a 1970 is my first choice, but nothing wrong with the first two years.

I wouldn't ever trade my Charger, but a '69 AMX was the first car I ever tried to buy...Dad wouldn't have it lol. I still want one.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

projectanimal

PM sent back!  :cheers:
I had to go back and look at the picture about the remotes.  One looks like it's for a TV!!   :scratchchin:  LOL   
northwest CT

greenpigs

Quote from: elacruze on January 05, 2012, 09:36:50 AM
Quote from: greenpigs on January 04, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

I wouldn't ever trade my Charger, but a '69 AMX was the first car I ever tried to buy...Dad wouldn't have it lol. I still want one.

BIG difference between your Charger & mine. :Twocents: Anyways I think a 70 Javelin would be a good second project since all 4 of us will fit and they are reasonable in price.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Budnicks

Check out AUTABUY.COM there are quite a few for sale there, not sold maybe, but maybe an idea on perceived possible value... I don't have a clue... I personally like the 68 & 68 AMX's
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks