News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NICE SUPERBIRD CLONE ON EBAY . HIT THE RESERVE ALREADY

Started by BigBlockSam, January 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Here the Daytona is making a trip to the City of Milwaukee dump to dispose of waste oil and to pick up an empty propane cylinder.

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 17, 2012, 04:58:15 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 02:59:36 PM
Quote from: djcarguy on January 17, 2012, 12:08:29 PM
 Parked in a tiny rain shower,,,,only because that was the 1 time a year they left the garage .  allready out for a event and got hit by a big bad sprinkle???  that sure proves they are out and driven,,i guess???dj

That picture was taken in Milwaukee.  I drove the car there, as did many others.  Sure is a long way to go to prove you can get a 'bird wet!

I have to admit that I like to see all Mopars, real, clone, or otherwise.
I am however, fortunate enough to own a factory built Superbird and do drive it to long distance meets, to local shows, even to Lowes if I need a gallon of paint sometimes! Is it a daily driver no, But I'm not afraid to drive the car....IT's just a car. If it's wrecked or damaged I'll fix it.
In the rainy picture from Milwaukee that may be my B5 car in the line. It seemed like it rained that whole meet. And here is another pic most of you have seen before, Yes My "Real" superbird has even been caught in the SNOW! I just get tired of being cast as an "Aero Snob" because I have a Superbird. I'm pretty proud of my slant six Demon too. I just don't see the where the sniping is coming from, my "real" car will probably never be as "nice" of a car as some of the clones discussed on this Forum! Some of these clones are beautiful cars and very well put together, as long as they are not sold as "original" cars when it comes time to sell, Who cares?
I dont consider you one of those superbird snobs I just conside you one of those snobbie corvette owners    :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 17, 2012, 04:52:13 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 04:05:03 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 17, 2012, 03:31:58 PM
yes you can get caught in the rain with a real superbird and daytona . you don't drive a real one as much as you drive  a replica .

we have a:

real superbird
real superbird
fake daytona

I'll drive the real birds over the fake daytona any day.  after a while, "is that real?" gets annoying  :lol:

But, How often do they ask if there your moms?

Man,I just cant stand the better than everyone else additude that this thread has brought out. .....................

telling grown men that the cars belong to my mother?  it's priceless.  you can't even imagine.  my friends like telling people they're my mom's cars just to see the reaction!  If I don't feel like making conversation I tell people it's mine.  it's no secret who holds the titles, and I don't have a problem with it.

the only one who sees 'better than thou' attitudes are the ones with clones.  sorry you don't see it that way.  

--real wing cars don't get driven
--real wing car owners are jerks
--real wing car owners this and that

we drive our cars, I'm not THAT big of a jerk, etc.  

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on January 17, 2012, 05:07:12 PM
I dont consider you one of those superbird snobs I just conside you one of those snobbie corvette owners    :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
[/quote]

Now It's Game on!
You Ragtop cloner!
:nana:

Scott Faulkner

Aero426

Off to do a little shopping.   

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 17, 2012, 05:16:23 PM

Now It's Game on!
You Ragtop cloner!
:nana:
[/quote] even tho its obvious i still get the question  ( IS IT REAL )     :yesnod: :smilielol:

pettybird

I also tend to distrust a man with 400lb wire wheel covers.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 05:29:34 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:  plus peoria Illinois   :rotz: :rotz: 

70Sbird

And mind you that's per wheel!
I sure wish I has something better - like a gently used set of Torque Thrusts!
:scratchchin:

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Quote from: Aero426 on January 17, 2012, 05:18:04 PM

Kohl's...there's your wing car snobbery right there.

I could fill a photo album full of all the pictures of our cars at walmarts  :lol:

the #1 'I did this in a wing car' story belongs to Rick Edwards, who removed his passenger seat to bring home potted TREES.  

my #1 story was driving the automatic transmission for the B5 'bird to the rebuilders on the passenger seat of the Petty car.
my #2 story would be abandoning the cooler in Charlotte because my Petty-autographed race tire wouldn't fit for the ride home!

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on January 17, 2012, 05:32:01 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:  plus peoria Illinois   :rotz: :rotz: 

I must REALLY like working on his 'bird!

70Sbird

Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 05:36:05 PM

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:  plus peoria Illinois   :rotz: :rotz:  

Hey, It only breaks down when I drive it to out of state DSAC meets!
Ok, the in-state ones too, I forgot about Litchfield in 2005!

Scott Faulkner

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 05:33:13 PM

Kohl's...there's your wing car snobbery right there.

I could fill a photo album full of all the pictures of our cars at walmarts  :lol:

the #1 'I did this in a wing car' story belongs to Rick Edwards, who removed his passenger seat to bring home potted TREES.  

my #1 story was driving the automatic transmission for the B5 'bird to the rebuilders on the passenger seat of the Petty car.
my #2 story would be abandoning the cooler in Charlotte because my Petty-autographed race tire wouldn't fit for the ride home!

Not everyone should be lumped into that. The ones who are acting like they are better for having an authentic aero car know who they are.

Truth be know , Id love to have a real Daytona, But until I can afford the price that goes with a HEMI 4 speed xx car I will be tickled with what I have.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 05:36:05 PM

the tackle box of love    :icon_smile_big:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Aero426 on January 17, 2012, 05:06:54 PM
Here the Daytona is making a trip to the City of Milwaukee dump to dispose of waste oil and to pick up an empty propane cylinder.

Hey!!    :o

nvrbdn

hey aero426, sorry for askin if everyone else already knows, but what are you towing with the car?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 17, 2012, 06:33:21 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on January 17, 2012, 05:06:54 PM

Hey!!    :o

"Jim, your mission if you choose to accept it, is to top this photo by hooking up a utility trailer full of brush or junk.    

This tape will self destruct in five seconds..."

:2thumbs:

BigBlockSam

aero426, i luv the picture of your car in the parking lot , kinda gave me a chubby . you and the 70Sbird ,covered in snow are a rare breed .  not many driver wing cars left . most have been restored to death.  :cheers:

QuoteMan,I just cant stand the better than everyone else additude that this thread has brought out. .....................

:yesnod:i don't get it

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Aero426

Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 17, 2012, 07:00:56 PM
aero426, i luv the picture of your car in the parking lot , kinda gave me a chubby . you and the 70Sbird ,covered in snow are a rare breed .  not many driver wing cars left . most have been restored to death.  :cheers:

Thank you.  Unfortunately for me, the Daytona not in my garage anymore.   But I hear it is getting good care and isn't getting restored any time soon.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Aero426 on January 17, 2012, 07:06:27 PM

Thank you.  Unfortunately for me, the Daytona not in my garage anymore.   But I hear it is getting good care and isn't getting restored any time soon.

I heard the same thing!

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 17, 2012, 07:09:38 PM
Quote from: Aero426 on January 17, 2012, 07:06:27 PM

maybe someday  :popcrn:

I heard the same thing!

Maybe
maybe  someday :popcrn:

rainbow4jd

Quote from: DAY CLONA on January 17, 2012, 12:09:11 AM
The "clone" debate will always rage on, whether it be about artwork, antiques, cars etc, etc,....IMHO it boils down to those who let mystique, emotion, elitist attitude, etc that want claim to owning or possessing an individual uniqueness,.....those who want cloned items seek a desire also, yes some want bragging rites among the above mentioned elite, some just the desire to have whats denied them because of their financial restrictions,.....and then there's the ones that see no sense in spending wasted money on something that can be had at a substantially reduced price by building/buying a clone,...plus it's tailored to one's liking, rather than settling for "less"

The "purists" will always look down on the "cloned", because it dilutes their sense of entitlement sub consciously, or consciously....now I can see a purist having issues if a clone is poorly done, and reflects badly, I have issues with any vehicle done poorly, "original" or not

Personally when I clone a vehicle, and I've done many over the decades for myself and customers, it's for the desire to own/build/create that particular vehicle because it appeals to me/them, like many others do, or create a vehicle that never existed before...cloning allows one to have their cake and eat it too...something which is hard for the "purists" to swallow, or perhaps fathom

Some are allured or trapped by the so-called "historical value" of a vehicle, and feel it should be left "untouched",...in my practice, I've "destroyed" countless vehicles by parting them out (hundreds over the decades) or cloning them into other marques,.... base models, V codes, U codes meant/mean nothing...again my opinion they're just machines to modify to suite ones taste/desire

mike

even though i have an original.... i would consider one of your creations because they are artwork unto themselves. 

rainbow4jd

Quote from: rainbow4jd on January 16, 2012, 01:32:12 PM
Wing Car collectors can be real pissers at times when it comes to impressing people with the originality, uniqueness, and enviability of THEIR car....

"Mine still has the original air in the tires"

"I have the original paperwork from when the assembly line tech went to the bathroom"

"That sealed jar on the back decklid has the original exhaust fumes from when it first started"

"My car has minus 2,700 original miles, because I drove it backwards from the day I got it"

"I've got a correctly date coded traffic ticket for parking too close to a fire hydrant because the nose overhung the parking space line."

"I have a photo of Richard Petty looking at a magazine which references a Burger Hut in Flatrock, Michigan where the lead designer for the Superbird once stopped to use the men's room AND I have a receipt for a hamburger from that same restaurant dated November 1969."

"The actual build date for my car was in reality 10,000 B.C. because the Star Trek Episode about Time Travel was broadcast on the day my car was supposed to be built, but because of the time travel effect it caused by car to be built about 10,000 years earlier.   And you can see I have a TV guide from 1969 to prove it."

"My build sheet was actually rolled up and used to roll joints with in 1970, but I managed to rescue the ashes and I've spent 40 years piecing it back together one ash piece at a time."

PS I didn't make those up.... they are all things that are true about my car.

i never thought i would have to bump my own post to shed light on this entire thread!  Sheesh, get over it already.  The only person that anyone should be pissed off at is a person who represents a clone as an original (because their is a dollar difference in the value) but there is no difference in enjoyment.  (Maybe that's what ticks off some of tehe original owners - a guy with a replica is having more fun than they are.)  Fun is a state of mind!  I don't drive my car, because I can't afford to wreck it.  But I still have a ton of fun!