News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger vs Integra R help w/ edge ?

Started by 69bananabeast, August 03, 2005, 11:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

all right couple years back in highschool this one guy I new had this crappy ol Integra , think it had to be an older model like a 94 or something . He came up to me and wanted to race. It was rainy that day so it was a no go. a few days later I talked to him about it and he said " I want to keep my dignity" . So of course it never happened. a few years later  I get back in touch with him and every ones is still talking crap.  He says he wants to race some time when he gets his Type R motor and a t3 t4 turbo.  "See who is # 1 " . To me im not too concerned , but I want to learn the most so I can blow this guy out of the water for good.

As far as I know  the Type R motor has 195 Horse and like 138 Torq. Now this turbo I know really nothing about . Heard it has like 20 lb boost . and t3 and t4 are seperate models but this one is best of both. t3 spools up faster, but i dont know about t4 . Integra is said to weigh 2600lbs and run a 1/4 of 14.9   wihtout the turbo.  Any one got any ideas for greater advantage?

Previously in highschool had a 318 about 245 horse . now im about to drop in a 446  w/ exhaust cutouts  to run open headers. With out the cutouts my motor should be Chimming in about 500 horse.  I believe I should be running somewhere around a low 12 without cutouts
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Silver R/T

you should be able to take him with 446 and bolt ons
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dave68RT

'68 Charger R/T

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

69bananabeast

sorry guys no wet kit.    Strong belief on all Motor
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

89MOPAR

T3/T4 can run 2 psi or 22 psi, depends on method of boost control, intake flow #'s, pressure drop through intercooler, exhaust, etc.

T3/T4 refers to a certain compressor/turbine combination.
I ran one on a conquest and it would boost past 20 psi. that car was good for 300+ horsepower though the way it and it's accesories were built.

Hipefully he doesn't have the smarts to lower his compression ratio, then he'll cause the motor to run lean , and , Boom !!.
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

69bananabeast

sounds like i'd have little to worry about . No he's not that smart . I dont even know if he knows the basics of mechanic work . sounds like a bit much for him to get a motor swap unless he farms out the work. Even so hes already got a kid a couple years after highschool so I dont really see him getting all that together anytime soon. Either way i'd like to blow the body kit off his car once and for all.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

MoparYoungGun

With a 446 you'll blow him out of the water! Good luck to you :cheers: !

69bananabeast

I think he'll probably crap his pants when i open up the headers if he  hadn't already when he sees the Street scoop sticking out from under the hood.  :drive:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Silver R/T

you cant turbo v-tec engines due to their high compression and non-vtec is preferred for turbo, thats why you dont see many honduhs turboes as most of them are v-tecs and teens cant afford special kit to run turbo on vtec or afford non-vtec swap and then turbo it

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bananabeast

I dunno back in the day he was stealing car stereo's for money. Who knows what he's doing know to support him and his kid.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

RT DAVE

You're planning on racing at the track, right?
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

CFMopar

Ok i think i got this covered. My friend has an integra with the same set up that guy is talking bout. My friend puts 296 hp to the wheels when car is maxed ou :o thats alot for a 2800 lb car or whatever. hes looking for a mid to low 13's probley. He dosnt run 296 hp though because its border line max for his engine and he dosnt want it to blow

As for a 440 with cut outs. Its not going to churn out 500 hp hate to break it to you. Your probley going to need a cam intake and head work.  :-\ 500 hp can be attained pretty easily but From my experience alot of people belive they are driving 500 hp cars when they're not.

If you want to beat him open you wallet and listen to some of the more knowledgable people here.  :Twocents:

speed = money how fast do you want to go  :-[
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

CFMopar

Oh and use the track. You probley wont listen but i've had my close calls and you learn fast.

Wakko

Don't be cocky, he might wax you.   Open headers is not an end all, bro...you sacrifice torque if there's not enough resistance.   Those Integras with a turbo kit are no joke, either.   He's probably good for low 13's on that sucker, more if he's spraying or knows how to set the car up right.   You on the other hand have traction issues (another really good reason to grudge at the track) and quite possibly not the 500 horses you think you have.   What's your exact buildup?   Big American cubes (while they're cooler) are not always faster than imported CCs.  I back Thread Marshal on this one.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Runner

i dont want to seem like a band wagon type of guy, but whats been done to your engine, and car?.     what converter and rear gears?.     

just trying to figure out how well your car will run.        there is a honda at our track that runs low 7 in the 1/8th mile........   when it can make a pass     lol.   it brakes ALOT of trans axles

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Silver R/T

300whp with 2500lb car would put it into mid 12's with good driver.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

you can have 500 hp all you want, but if you run 2.76 gears, stock springs, no suregrip, and a stock stall, you are going to have your lunch handed to you.

what is your complete setup.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

69bananabeast

Of Course it will be at the track . Im not gonna risk all the work Ive put into her and get her taken away.
And yes I have Dropped big $$$$ for all of this , got about 8k in engine and prepping car.

Rear end : 8 3/4   3.73 Posi
Trans: Auto  Tci 727   Max 600 hp
Shifter:  Hurts   Pro 
Engine:  446 '75
Pistons: 10.5: 1  Forged alum  Speed-Pro
Cam: MP  528 lift / duration 284?  Mechanical
Head:  Indy Heads  dont remember which  , dont think its SR version.  78cc
Porting: match ports on heads
Intake: MP  M1
Carb: 870 Holley Avenger
Stall:  Hughes 2500
Springs: Im not sure if they're stock or not 7 leafs and I just got them resprung 3 ''
Exhaust:  Flowmaster 40's  will be running X-pipe soon  , and electric cutouts

If I forgot anything help me out guys
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Runner

as long as he isnt throwing big bucks at his combo you should school him.

morepower

with that combo you should be able to take him..a lot of ricer guys dont really know what they are doing..if ur in nor cal and he beats you..wheni drop the 496 ill run him!
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

CFMopar

ya your combo looks pretty solid. Im in the same boat with my friend  :P I know he dosnt run 296 hp cause thats the max his engine can take and it aint safe but he still probley putting 250-260 to the wheels which is alot for a 2800 lb car. Im getting a credit limit so I can buy heads :P

69bananabeast

What all  do you think this combo will make ?  I got a combo for 490 HP from Chryco , though i tried stick close to as could I wondered a bit.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Badbob

Build something you can drive, enjoy and afford and forget about trying to impress the jap car crowd. They don't get it and going broke on your setup will never convince him that classic, American built muscle cars are much cooler that japanese, chromeless, 4 cylinder, disposable econoboxes. Besides, you may go broke and still get beat.

For me 300 rear wheel HP = 12.73 in the qtr with a good chassis setup.

gsmopar

If you're going to grudge race people I'd lose the aversion to power adders.  Who knows what the Honduah is running, but your combination could handle a 175 shot easy.  Then you wouldn't have to really worry about it... would you? 

Most people that I've met who had the "all throttle no bottle" complex have never riden in a nitrous car.  Give it a shot!  You'll be grinning ear to ear!!!!

Later,

Greg
http://www.holley.com/index.asp?division=NOS

69bananabeast

yeah , but ive heard its like gliding with little control
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

gsmopar

It's more like the "loud" button on older stereo's, but x100000000  :icon_smile_big:

Sounds like you have a really stout combination right now.  Depending on altitude (didn't notice where you're from) you probably have a solid low 12 second (conservative guesstimate) combo.  A 175 shot would put you at the limits of the rest of your car and drivetrain.  Probably be the fastest you'd want to go without spending some $$$$ on a bar and suspension.  At that point who cares what the Hunduh runs.  You'd be dipping in the 10's and probably get booted off the track until you do some more work. 

Of course there's always the reality check:  This guy is probably a squirrel and you PROBABLY don't need to do anything to beat him.  You're the one in the grudge race.  Up to you if you want to bring a knife to a gun fight...

Later,

Greg

69bananabeast

Yeah I dont think i'd need to do much to beat him. hes not that smart to begin with , as far as I know hes got no kind of mechanic background. This guys already working 2 jobs to get by so I doubt it'll be anytime soon, dont even think hes capable of doing that kind of swap.

p.s   The Punisher drove a hard a$$ car and brought a knife to a gun fight.  :drive:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

gsmopar

CFMopar

The movie. Drives a gto. Kills a guy with a gun with a knife that shoots the blade out.

gsmopar

Sounds sneaky!  Maybe a "Hidden" nitrous kit is more up his alley!

69bananabeast

maybe some day , but im gonna see how everything comes together with my car first. Doesnt sprat  also break down your motor faster?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

CFMopar

With spray you just got to remeber to retard the timing and give it more fuel.

Runner

honestly if you cant beat him with the combo youve listed i wouldnt sweat it.   if you dont want to sqeeze your motor then DONT.       just race him the best 3 out of 5  races, from what ive seen from most fast jap cars after the second pass he wont beable to make it to the line, or he will screw up at least 3 of the 5 passes with driver errors  lol .   best of luck to you!

Duey

Everything else looks good, but your converter seems to be a bit on the low RPM side of things, your induction combo is going to start working at about 3500 if not a bit higher.  Perhaps think 3500-ish stall and don't forget chassis...think about sub-frame connectors and maybe even CalTrac's if you're having problems hooking up 500+ ponies... FWIW

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

gsmopar

I see a 8pt bar, frame connectors, and some sort of rear suspension upgrade in your future!  To answer your other question, high RPM's cause more wear than a 175 shot of spray.  Find someone running nitrous and go for a ride.  Then make your own decision!

Keep us posted on the race!  Are you going to bring a video camera? 

Later,

Greg

69bananabeast

yeah i'd bring a camera . he says "supposedly " he'll have the motor in soon . I want to see how this goes down bad, but he's already backed down once . If it does go down all prolly make a couple half ass passes and only warm tires little bit. for the good go around ill prolly heat em up an open headers. The sound will prolly scare him or screw up his focus enough.  :drive:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Dave68RT

hey wait..i didnt even catch that. they didnt make integra R's in the US. just thought i'd let ya know. :icon_smile_wink: it'd have to be imported

edit: nevermind you said hes dropping a type R motor in it..

'68 Charger R/T

CFMopar

I remeber a time where some guy at the track in a camero told some jap guy he could beat him with shutting off his motor half way down the track. And he did with a a mph well over 100 :laugh:

The Mad Scientist

I think it's just a matter of this guy finding the money.  There's books and all sorts of internet info out there for honda swapping.  So maybe him getting the "knowlege" isn't as hard as we all think.  All he needs is one rice buddy that knows what he's doing. 

If he gets all his mods done just wait him out while you stage.  Let his intercooler heat up while he's waiting on you.  That's what the local Corvette club and to a lesser extent the Mopar club does to lay the spank down on Gran Nationals.  Works like a charm.   

Lightning

you could always try to really scare him and put a supercharger on it!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

69bananabeast

Yeah I've always wanted a blown car , but I want to be able to actually drive this car as well.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

gsmopar

ATI has a real nice set up for a blow-through carb!

Ghoste

I think he's just blowing smoke around you.  It sounds like he's a lot less interested in this race than you are.  Build your car the way you are and just enjoy it and quit worrying about that fool.
Sounds almost like the kind of guy who'd seek his revenge some other way if you beat him anyway.  A little auto vandalism or some such.

XXSpiralXX

Quote from: 69bananabeast on August 05, 2005, 03:14:10 PM
Yeah I dont think i'd need to do much to beat him. hes not that smart to begin with , as far as I know hes got no kind of mechanic background. This guys already working 2 jobs to get by so I doubt it'll be anytime soon, dont even think hes capable of doing that kind of swap.

p.s     The Punisher drove a hard a$$ car and brought a knife to a gun fight.   :drive:

Hey, you never know. I remember a guy with an RX7. The only thing was , he had a supra twin turbo motor in it. Another guy I know has an old GTI. Its got over 600 hp and is awd. Weighs like 2600 and change. Looks like shit runs ten flat......

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69bananabeast

Quote from: Ghoste on August 06, 2005, 08:21:24 PM
I think he's just blowing smoke around you.   It sounds like he's a lot less interested in this race than you are.   Build your car the way you are and just enjoy it and quit worrying about that fool.
Sounds almost like the kind of guy who'd seek his revenge some other way if you beat him anyway.   A little auto vandalism or some such.

Your probably right . Not quite sure but it does seem as if hes the All Bark No Bite type.  Either way once I get this motor done and in , all that matters is that I know I am going to have one of the baddest street cars around town.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Ghoste

Yeah.  If he hasn't done anything to the car since high school, he likely still isn't.  He's just jealous because he's seen F&F and knows in his heart of hearts that he's driving a cool car so how come everybody still likes that Charger.  The Charger lost the big race and everyone knows an Integra is the shiznot (or whatever you crazy kids are saying these days).

sandmbmx88

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 04, 2005, 12:45:10 PM
you cant turbo v-tec engines due to their high compression and non-vtec is preferred for turbo, thats why you dont see many honduhs turboes as most of them are v-tecs and teens cant afford special kit to run turbo on vtec or afford non-vtec swap and then turbo it

Theres lots of turbo b18's running around here.  We just finished my friends hatch and he didnt touch the v-tec and that goes low 14's on 8lbs.  V-tec controllers are like 500$ if he wanted to go that route.
To give you some numbers...My friends b-18 swapped civic sihatch on a 75 shot and street tire goes 14.20s Another hatch thats more latemodel with a h22 or whatever on a 35 shot goes 14.7. Ill have a number on this b-18 turbo civic with traction bars and a little bit better tires on a better tune next week.