News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger vs Integra R help w/ edge ?

Started by 69bananabeast, August 03, 2005, 11:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bananabeast

yeah , but ive heard its like gliding with little control
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

gsmopar

It's more like the "loud" button on older stereo's, but x100000000  :icon_smile_big:

Sounds like you have a really stout combination right now.  Depending on altitude (didn't notice where you're from) you probably have a solid low 12 second (conservative guesstimate) combo.  A 175 shot would put you at the limits of the rest of your car and drivetrain.  Probably be the fastest you'd want to go without spending some $$$$ on a bar and suspension.  At that point who cares what the Hunduh runs.  You'd be dipping in the 10's and probably get booted off the track until you do some more work. 

Of course there's always the reality check:  This guy is probably a squirrel and you PROBABLY don't need to do anything to beat him.  You're the one in the grudge race.  Up to you if you want to bring a knife to a gun fight...

Later,

Greg

69bananabeast

Yeah I dont think i'd need to do much to beat him. hes not that smart to begin with , as far as I know hes got no kind of mechanic background. This guys already working 2 jobs to get by so I doubt it'll be anytime soon, dont even think hes capable of doing that kind of swap.

p.s   The Punisher drove a hard a$$ car and brought a knife to a gun fight.  :drive:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

gsmopar

CFMopar

The movie. Drives a gto. Kills a guy with a gun with a knife that shoots the blade out.
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

gsmopar

Sounds sneaky!  Maybe a "Hidden" nitrous kit is more up his alley!

69bananabeast

maybe some day , but im gonna see how everything comes together with my car first. Doesnt sprat  also break down your motor faster?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

CFMopar

With spray you just got to remeber to retard the timing and give it more fuel.

Runner

honestly if you cant beat him with the combo youve listed i wouldnt sweat it.   if you dont want to sqeeze your motor then DONT.       just race him the best 3 out of 5  races, from what ive seen from most fast jap cars after the second pass he wont beable to make it to the line, or he will screw up at least 3 of the 5 passes with driver errors  lol .   best of luck to you!

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Duey

Everything else looks good, but your converter seems to be a bit on the low RPM side of things, your induction combo is going to start working at about 3500 if not a bit higher.  Perhaps think 3500-ish stall and don't forget chassis...think about sub-frame connectors and maybe even CalTrac's if you're having problems hooking up 500+ ponies... FWIW

Cheers,
Duey
73 SE Brougham, F3 , 440, 850 Pro-form, 727 w TA 10", 4.10SG

gsmopar

I see a 8pt bar, frame connectors, and some sort of rear suspension upgrade in your future!  To answer your other question, high RPM's cause more wear than a 175 shot of spray.  Find someone running nitrous and go for a ride.  Then make your own decision!

Keep us posted on the race!  Are you going to bring a video camera? 

Later,

Greg

69bananabeast

yeah i'd bring a camera . he says "supposedly " he'll have the motor in soon . I want to see how this goes down bad, but he's already backed down once . If it does go down all prolly make a couple half ass passes and only warm tires little bit. for the good go around ill prolly heat em up an open headers. The sound will prolly scare him or screw up his focus enough.  :drive:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

Dave68RT

hey wait..i didnt even catch that. they didnt make integra R's in the US. just thought i'd let ya know. :icon_smile_wink: it'd have to be imported

edit: nevermind you said hes dropping a type R motor in it..

'68 Charger R/T

CFMopar

I remeber a time where some guy at the track in a camero told some jap guy he could beat him with shutting off his motor half way down the track. And he did with a a mph well over 100 :laugh:

The Mad Scientist

I think it's just a matter of this guy finding the money.  There's books and all sorts of internet info out there for honda swapping.  So maybe him getting the "knowlege" isn't as hard as we all think.  All he needs is one rice buddy that knows what he's doing. 

If he gets all his mods done just wait him out while you stage.  Let his intercooler heat up while he's waiting on you.  That's what the local Corvette club and to a lesser extent the Mopar club does to lay the spank down on Gran Nationals.  Works like a charm.   

Lightning

you could always try to really scare him and put a supercharger on it!
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

69bananabeast

Yeah I've always wanted a blown car , but I want to be able to actually drive this car as well.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

gsmopar

ATI has a real nice set up for a blow-through carb!

Ghoste

I think he's just blowing smoke around you.  It sounds like he's a lot less interested in this race than you are.  Build your car the way you are and just enjoy it and quit worrying about that fool.
Sounds almost like the kind of guy who'd seek his revenge some other way if you beat him anyway.  A little auto vandalism or some such.

XXSpiralXX

Quote from: 69bananabeast on August 05, 2005, 03:14:10 PM
Yeah I dont think i'd need to do much to beat him. hes not that smart to begin with , as far as I know hes got no kind of mechanic background. This guys already working 2 jobs to get by so I doubt it'll be anytime soon, dont even think hes capable of doing that kind of swap.

p.s     The Punisher drove a hard a$$ car and brought a knife to a gun fight.   :drive:

Hey, you never know. I remember a guy with an RX7. The only thing was , he had a supra twin turbo motor in it. Another guy I know has an old GTI. Its got over 600 hp and is awd. Weighs like 2600 and change. Looks like shit runs ten flat......

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

69bananabeast

Quote from: Ghoste on August 06, 2005, 08:21:24 PM
I think he's just blowing smoke around you.   It sounds like he's a lot less interested in this race than you are.   Build your car the way you are and just enjoy it and quit worrying about that fool.
Sounds almost like the kind of guy who'd seek his revenge some other way if you beat him anyway.   A little auto vandalism or some such.

Your probably right . Not quite sure but it does seem as if hes the All Bark No Bite type.  Either way once I get this motor done and in , all that matters is that I know I am going to have one of the baddest street cars around town.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318

Ghoste

Yeah.  If he hasn't done anything to the car since high school, he likely still isn't.  He's just jealous because he's seen F&F and knows in his heart of hearts that he's driving a cool car so how come everybody still likes that Charger.  The Charger lost the big race and everyone knows an Integra is the shiznot (or whatever you crazy kids are saying these days).