News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where is the christine charger

Started by earnie, January 15, 2012, 12:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: kikgas01 on January 18, 2012, 09:33:25 PM
It was a 68. Look at the door lock position.

Was under the impression that the '68-'69 was at the rear, and beginning in 1970, it moved to the center of door, as my '69 had it in the rear and my '70 has it in the middle.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Only the 68 has them at the rear, the 69 and 70 have them in the middle.

But what kab69440 want's to know is if the 68 charger in the movie had a 69 tail panel (that we obviously weren't meant to pick up on)

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: kab69440 on January 15, 2012, 02:30:07 AM
Quote from: buckeyecharger on January 15, 2012, 12:23:13 AM
I'm with you earnie. That was one nice 68! That would be cool to know. Christine was just on tv again.

On the pre-historic VHS version, when Arnie first sees Christine, when Dennis backs up you catch a quick glimpse of '69 tail light and sidemarker. That second of footage is missing from my DVD version.

I just checked that scene again on my dvd but all you see is a front view of Dennis backing up. No back view at all.
Also checked all the deleted scenes, no signs of a 69 tail panel.

nvrbdn

yea, he was thinking there was a shot at that time of a back corner of the charger, but was removed when put on dvd. i think i have the vhs, but its in the camper out at the campground and locked up till april. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

ACUDANUT

Either way, it was a nice looking charger, when Dennis drove Ardi to buy the "Fury".

StoneCold

Quote from: kab69440 on January 15, 2012, 02:30:07 AMOn the pre-historic VHS version, when Arnie first sees Christine, when Dennis backs up you catch a quick glimpse of '69 tail light and sidemarker. That second of footage is missing from my DVD version.

Not on my 1995 VHS copy. Not pre-historic enough I suppose.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Cooter on January 15, 2012, 08:15:00 PM
As for the Charger, it was a 1968, 318 car.

Man I could have swore that the 68 was a 383 car, well had the blacked out tail light panel anyhow.

I thought you could see the rear of the 68 near the end when they slowly leave the parking lot. Its shortly before they get in the dozer and crush her.   :shruggy:

Just saw this movie like a month ago too...   :scratchchin:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

68 Bullitt Charger

As I said fellas, I am an Admin over at the Christine Car Club and well schooled in the Movie. The Car was a 68, 318, auto in console and pwr windows. The car was hire for that movie, damaged and fixed then used in another movie in 1984 for a quick scene. Then it disappeared till now. Personally if I knew where it was I would own it. Oh well!!!
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

dadsdodge

the car that smashes the camaro throu the gas station is owned by bill gibson and is currently under restoration

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 68 Bullitt Charger on January 19, 2012, 07:56:52 PM
As I said fellas, I am an Admin over at the Christine Car Club and well schooled in the Movie. The Car was a 68, 318, auto in console and pwr windows. The car was hire for that movie, damaged and fixed then used in another movie in 1984 for a quick scene. Then it disappeared till now. Personally if I knew where it was I would own it. Oh well!!!
What do you mean, the car has disappeared until now ?  No one has found it. ? :shruggy:

68 Bullitt Charger

Nope, just disappeared in someone's garage most likely.
58 Ply Fury "Christine"

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

68RT440

The scene where Dennis scribes into the hood of Christine for Arnie to meet him you can see the tail panel. He is on crutches and gets in the passenger side, and Leigh is driving. When they pull out you can clearly see that its a '68 tail panel...
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

ACUDANUT

You said it disappeared till now, which means it has been found.  :brickwall: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap:

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 68RT440 on January 19, 2012, 09:51:54 PM
The scene where Dennis scribes into the hood of Christine for Arnie to meet him you can see the tail panel. He is on crutches and gets in the passenger side, and Leigh is driving. When they pull out you can clearly see that its a '68 tail panel...

Is the panel blacked out?  I thought it was but if it's a 318 car it should be blue.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

Cooter

Assuming all the cars that are in movies are correct....

We (The Christine Car Club) have talked with the original actors, one of which is William "Bill" Ostrander about the facts of the vehicles used.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bakerhillpins

Yup, understand. Guess I was just trying to find out for my own sanity.
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Brass

Quote from: bakerhillpins on January 20, 2012, 11:50:02 AM

Is the panel blacked out?  I thought it was but if it's a 318 car it should be blue.

I've had two 68's that were originally 318 cars - both with black tail panels...  :shruggy:

Dino

They all had black tailpanels, no exceptions.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dino on January 20, 2012, 03:58:31 PM
They all had black tailpanels, no exceptions.

Ah... here we go. It's the 70 model year that had body color tail panel for base model cars. I've had that screwed up for quite some time now.  :slap:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41105.0.html
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

Fred

That's not the scene we're talking about.  The scene that kab69440 is referring to is the one where Arnie sees Christine for the first time and tells Dennis to back up so that Arnie can get a better look at Christine.
That's where we're trying to work out if the tail panel belongs to a 69.

68 Bullitt Charger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 20, 2012, 10:15:07 AM
You said it disappeared till now, which means it has been found.  :brickwall: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap:

Im sorry, you are correct. I meant "It disappeared and has not been seen/found since 1984". Its still missing. I also said if I knew where it was "It would be today at whatever it costs".   Thanks, Joe
58 Ply Fury "Christine"