News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhaust Choice for 69 R/T

Started by MoparMotel, January 23, 2006, 12:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

I am having trouble deciding on Mufflers for the General Lee. Heres whats done to the motor ( not much )

1969 H.P. Block
Bored .30 over 10:1 compression
Hedman Headers
Edelbrock 750
Not sure on the cam( sounds stock, no lope )

Now, i wanted to do 3'' exhaust all the way back but the guy at the exhaust shop said not enough back pressure, that 2.5 is good up to 550 H.P. He said if i want something really loud to do dual Single Chamber flowmasters, but i dont want it really loud all the time becuase i am doing Cut Outs, so as of right now i am going to do 2.5 all the way back, H pipe, Flowmaster 40' series with a set of cut outs. Is there anything a little bit louder than the 40 series flowmaster? Should this sound pretty good?

Thanks Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

myk

I'd rather have better performance, and leave the super loud exhaust stuff to the 'ricers.  Dynomax ultra-flows will out-perform Flowmasters and still keep your car sounding mean.  Unless you really want that Flowmaster tone, which is nice, I'd go with the Dynomax's...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Chryco Psycho

firefighter3931

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 23, 2006, 12:43:49 AM
TTi 2.5 " mandrel bend pipe

:iagree: TTI is hard to beat for fit and quality.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

HDCharger

I got TTI 2.5" on mine and I like it. 
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

pete

I have the TTI 2.5" system as well with the dynomax mufflers.  Fits and functions well.  Just don't ever try to dis-assemble it once you've tightened the clamps down (at least that's the case with mine).

phat69charger

Here's some info and recommendations and a reference chart you can save, read up  http://www.torquetechexh.com/whichsize.htm