News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1/4 Skins vs 1/4 Patch Panels

Started by HDCharger, January 23, 2006, 05:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HDCharger

Are they the same gage metal?  I think I am only going to need lower but if they are the same qage then I will just go ahead and get the full skin and cut.  Where is the cheapest place you've found to get them.  Egay?
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

HDCharger

Is everybody making their own or is this sections of the board where noone ventures?  Really need to get some sheetmetel ordered, guess I will do it blind and take my chances.  I am pretty certain the skins are like 20 gage but I do not know about the patches.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

Drop Top

You sometimes need to give it a 24hr time to get an answer. In answer to your question. Its been my experance that the patches are made out of much better and thicker materal then the compleat 1/4s.

HDCharger

Thanks Drop.  I was thinking the same thing but wanted to be certain, now if I can only weld them in.  My rust looks very similar to the car Doc posted pictures of in Cuda Ken's thread.  Lower quarters where the trunk extension meets and around one corner of the back window.  A ton of mud and dirt came out the lower quarter when I poked it with a screwdriver.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

mopar_madman

some patch panels I've seen are just the full skins cut up, one thing to consider is if buying the full panel you will have to pay truck frieght shipping (usually at least $100) but the smaller patch panels are just shipped ups. Also depending where you live most places will let you pick up from them if they stock the parts but some places that distribute the parts just have them shipped direct from the manufacture.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger