News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANYBODY EVER DONE THIS ??????????????????

Started by skip68, January 24, 2006, 12:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Hey guy's,  I'm just taking the night off from my car. :leaving: I drove 15 miles out to my budies house that has the shop were I'm working on my 68, uncovered it, looked at it for 10 sec. and covered it back up and drove home. :shruggy:  There's not much I can do, everything is on schedule or ahead but I feel like I should do something :brickwall: :confused: I think I'm an addict, but I just had to walk away :icon_smile_dead:........Chuck......................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

73ChargerSE

skip68

NEVER, NEVER, NEV-----------------Ah, can it be another charger??? :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

71bee

You make mamma Mopar proud skip! aint nothin' wrong with being infatuated with your ride.

GoodysGotaCUDA

After driving my car everyday for the past like 14months...i dont know what id do if i lived somewhere, where i 'had' to put it away...id have to move. its tough letting it sit when i have to work on it  :rotz:

Silver R/T

I know how that feels, except I dont run schedule of what to do by what date
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

skip68

I have a schedule because I have to have my wifes 67 camaro done by summer :puke: That was my deal with her, finish the charger as long as her car was on the road by summer. :icon_smile_dead: And trust me, she reminds me all the time. :blahblah: :blahblah: I'm so lucky ::)...Chuck.................

BigBlockSam

i'm having  the oppisite problem. i went to the shop looked at the car and just put the cover back on. spent two hrs getting my friends kids mini bike running. I'm having a hard time getting going on the charger again. I'll pick it up in the spring again. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

myk

Quote from: skip68 on January 24, 2006, 02:00:22 AM
I have a schedule because I have to have my wifes 67 camaro done by summer :puke: That was my deal with her, finish the charger as long as her car was on the road by summer. :icon_smile_dead: And trust me, she reminds me all the time. :blahblah: :blahblah: I'm so lucky ::)...Chuck.................

LOL....That blah-blah smiley has to be the funniest thing I've seen...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

blackcharger

Quote from: skip68 on January 24, 2006, 02:00:22 AM

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Dave

Ghoste

Done it many times.  Sometimes just to look at the car, sometimes with the intention to do something and then a literal last second changing of mind, and sometimes it's just this inner voice trying to tell you to do something on the car even though there isn't anything to do.
Quite often these cars own us.  Is it a hobby or a compulsion?

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on January 24, 2006, 06:49:51 AM
Done it many times.  Sometimes just to look at the car, sometimes with the intention to do something and then a literal last second changing of mind, and sometimes it's just this inner voice trying to tell you to do something on the car even though there isn't anything to do.
:iagree:

I do it a lot :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

terrible one

I do that all the time with the Cadillac and GTO (No Charger just yet). You just feel like you shoudl be working on it. Isn't it great?  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

I've went out to the garage at least a dozen times this winter already with the intentions to do something to the car, only to realize without me working currently, there isn't any spare money to do the things I know need to be done. Hopefully I'll be able to do the little things and be able to drive it again all summer. Maybe next winter I'll have the money to do some of the things it needs to be better looking.

skip68

Well, at least I'm not the only one that has an addiction :icon_smile_cool:

73ChargerSE

I used to and still go out and just sit in my car with the instrument panel lights on.  But lately it's been betraying me :rotz:.  Hopefully soon I'll get it more reliable.

The Ghoul

I did almost the same today. I got home from school frustrated so i figgured I should make some sparks to blow off stom steam.. as soon as I picked up the gun, I realized that the reason I was frustrated with school is I have been spending more time playing with the new welder than I have been working on math. I put it back down and hit the books.... its gonna be rough finding my center... all i want to do is weld, and get my car closer to done...

genlee1970

I can honestly say I've done it as well. Beer is usually involved somehow :cheers:. It has a way of killing motivation. Though, to pull up a chair next to my Charger and just look at it, beer can be a wonderful companion. Charger...a sweet addiction.  

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: genlee1970 on January 24, 2006, 10:15:59 PM
Charger...a sweet addiction. 

Better than some I can think of!  DEFINATLEY...  Now how about this:

My ex says my 5y.o. son is INFATUATED with "cars", and "Chargers (in particular)"...  She took all of the photos I printed-up, off of his wall, and his Gen Lee poster down...  All I can think is that she is trying to take his Daddy out of him...  That ain't gonna happen.  As long as he comes to this house I'm gonna FEED the need for SPEED...  I fired-up a fresh 440 the other night with him behind the wheel and he LOVED it.  He even helped me change out the rear brakes...  He absolutley LOVES cars.  Is there ever a point where it becomes unhealthy for a kid?  Am I an idiot for asking?  I think it's absolutley fine, but she says he's not concentrating in preschool.

ChargerHound69

Cool Pictures.  Just keep giving him pictures to take home with him.

Ghoste

He's not concentrating in pre-school?  What is she worried about?  Is he wanting to play with toy cars at story time?  Does he refuse to take his nap because he has a deadline to get the toy cars ready for a show?  Do the other pre-schoolers call him a Hot Wheels geek?  Or maybe he's sneaking out of those pre school neurosurgery exams to hang out in the playground and check out another kids Hot Wheels?
I know you can't tell an ex anything and everything from global warming to your kid enjoying your company is somehow your fault but she needs to lighten up.
Tell her it's pre school, he isn't supposed to concentrate on anything.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: ChargerHound69 on January 25, 2006, 12:35:31 AM
Cool Pictures.  Just keep giving him pictures to take home with him.

:iagree:

She's doing more harm than you ever could.  :yesnod:

I think that's awesome that you can bond with him in that way, and more than likely it's the fact that you are bonding so deeply with him that's got her p@nties in a bunch.  :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_big:

Keep it up, Jude! :2thumbs:

And Ghoste, you're dead on, man.  :icon_smile_cool:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

PocketThunder

Jude that reminds me of the part in the movie "Uncle Buck" where John Candy goes to the gradeschool because his neice Macy was in the office for being a sillyheart, and not taking her education "seriously".  Uncle Buck chews out the principal telling her that he doenst want to know a 2nd grader that isnt a dreamer and a sillyheart.    Anyways, if you've seen the movie you know what i'm talking about.

My son is 13 months old today and his first two words so far are Cracker and Car!!!   (and no Charger_Fan, not Cracker as in whitey!)
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

genlee1970

I have to say I agree with the consesus that it's more a shot at you than a legitimate concern for, or problem with, your son. Having two exwives, I can attest to thier propensity for bitterness!!! Keep up the good work in grooming him for a strong future in all things Charger!!!

Charger Aficionado

In that case;  I'm full of bullet-holes...