News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I think if no one has posted to your thread you should be able to delete it...

Started by ChargerBill, January 24, 2006, 03:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should we be able to delete our own unanswered threads?

It's a great idea
It's a stupid idea

ChargerBill

So, this is a duplicate thread (of my E-Newsletter thread) because the server stalled and I didn't see it post...so I posted again and then there were 2 of the same threads. If I could have deleted this one I would have had to change the topic and talk about deleting threads. I can understand not deleting it if someone responded, but otherwise IMO it should be deletable by the author. Of course, if the system software doesn't allow this functionality, then disregard everything I just said.. :icon_smile_wink:
Life is a highway...

Johnny SixPack

I agree.

I'll even go so far as to say that if you started the post, you should be able to delete it regardless.Ā  :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Charger4404spd

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mefirst

Troy

Quote from: formula_440 on January 24, 2006, 04:07:14 AM
I agree.

I'll even go so far as to say that if you started the post, you should be able to delete it regardless.  :yesnod:

Sorry, that's never going to be allowed. It's fine if you want to delete your own post but you can't just delete other people's posts just because your the one who started a thread. Every member on the board should not be allowed to modify or delete any other member's post because there's too much room for abuse. This is why there are mods.

As for deleting threads, this was a feature of the old site *if* no one had responded yet so it was still very limited. Out of 7,222 threads on this board I think I've been asked to delete about 3 that were posted by mistake and maybe 5 that got out of hand (which the initial poster couldn't have removed any way). Just send a PM and it will be removed. I don't really see it as a priority if it happens less than 1 in a thousand times but I'll consider it when I run out of other things to worry about. :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

The first thing that came to mind in defense of not being able to delete your own threads, would be if someone from a place like helgagme had the ability to do the same thing. I don't think I have to go into detail about how they could very easily cover tracks.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Silver R/T

Quote from: formula_440 on January 24, 2006, 04:07:14 AM
I agree.

I'll even go so far as to say that if you started the post, you should be able to delete it regardless.═ :yesnod:

agree
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

From the standpoint of being able to delete your own unanswered threads, like we could on the old site, I don't see harm in that. I would rank it as equivalent to being able to delete my own post in someone's thread...same, same.
I had an occasion here where I put something in the "for sale" area & after a while, I wanted to take it down. Troy ended up doing it for me, but I hated to bug him for something so small.

If someone had replied, then I can see the logic in not being able to delete my thread.

But if Troy has his reasons for not allowing this, then I can respect that decision. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)