News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Photo: New Superbird on the lot back in the day...

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 12:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Pete V. passed this very cool photo of a Superbird sitting on the lot at it's selling dealership back in the day... Wow, you UpNorth-guys have to put up with all that snow? Looks like Westport Chrysler/Plymouth...  Nice picture and white buckets !!!

Enjoy and thanks Pete...
T  aka AB....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

I bet that thing had about a $3,000 price tag on it back then :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

WINGIN IT

So do we know year the pic was taken?
Looks like the vacuum is shot on the headlights so I'm guessing this was taken right after the warranty expired  :D

nvrbdn

Quote from: WINGIN IT on February 06, 2012, 12:58:12 PM
So do we know year the pic was taken?
Looks like the vacuum is shot on the headlights so I'm guessing this was taken right after the warranty expired  :D

:smilielol: what year would that dart or duster be next to it. has head rests.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nvrbdn

wern't warranty's done by months and not years back then. :shruggy: seems to me 12 mos.  or 12000 miles.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Aero426

Going from memory, I think it was determined that particular photo was taken at a dealership in Canada. 

wingcar builder

Yep, friend of mine whom has past away recently bought his orange 6-pack 4sp. Bird in Pittsburgh I believe it was at Penn Hills Plymouth Dodge in 71' and paid $3850 for it! Now you might buy a used wing for that.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 06, 2012, 01:05:48 PM
wern't warranty's done by months and not years back then. :shruggy: seems to me 12 mos.  or 12000 miles.

Exactly...   :yesnod: :D

hemi68charger

Quote from: Aero426 on February 06, 2012, 01:17:05 PM
Going from memory, I think it was determined that particular photo was taken at a dealership in Canada. 

I see an "ESSO" sign behind the dealership sign... Isn't that a gas station and if so, is it regional?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Aero426

maxwellwedge

Oh you youngin's

Esso is what Exxon used to be called.

We stayed with the Esso handle up here

Aero426

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 06, 2012, 01:41:16 PM
Oh you youngin's

Yes, the Esso is a give away that it ain't in the US of A, at least at that time.   The USA stations I remember were called Enco.    Put a tiger in your tank, and all that.    Jim, I assume they had the same Tiger stuff in Canada?

Ghoste

Esso, formerly known as Standard Oil, but if you remember when they were called that, you're really old.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Aero426 on February 06, 2012, 01:46:45 PM
Oh you youngin's

Yes, the Esso is a give away that it ain't in the US of A, at least at that time.   The USA stations I remember were called Enco.    Put a tiger in your tank, and all that.    Jim, I assume they had the same Tiger stuff in Canada?

Yes we did! I wish I still had one.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on February 06, 2012, 01:48:34 PM
Esso, formerly known as Standard Oil, but if you remember when they were called that, you're really old.

Luckily - Always Esso for me... :lol:

Remember
Supertest
BP
Gulf?

Ghoste

All too much I'm afraid.  There is a repair garage not too far from my neighborhood that was a former Supertest station and the letters are still clearly visible on the wall.

maxwellwedge

Gulf had the No-Knox gas  with horseshoes you put on your car -  didn't they?

Different grades were that and Good Gulf if I recall....

hemi68charger

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 06, 2012, 01:50:42 PM

Remember
Supertest
BP
Gulf?

Well, the Gulf can't forget BP......  :icon_smile_big:

OK, seriously, I remember Gulf and now BP, but those other Jurassic stations, nope,,, not that old....   :smilielol:
Troy

Hemi Runner

Quote from: wingcar builder on February 06, 2012, 01:20:45 PM
Yep, friend of mine whom has past away recently bought his orange 6-pack 4sp. Bird in Pittsburgh I believe it was at Penn Hills Plymouth Dodge in 71' and paid $3850 for it! Now you might buy a used wing for that.
There was a used wing on ebay yesterday for $2500

moparstuart

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 06, 2012, 01:58:11 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 06, 2012, 01:50:42 PM

Remember
Supertest
BP
Gulf?

Well, the Gulf can't forget BP......  :icon_smile_big:

OK, seriously, I remember Gulf and now BP, but those other Jurassic stations, nope,,, not that old....   :smilielol:
no jurassic would be sinclair   :smilielol: :smilielol: :D             or dinoco
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

standard, amaco, sinclair, with sinclair you would get an inflatable green dinosaur as a kid. i didnt pay much attention to the name on the sign. just the price and the gas wars. they would start at .45 cents and then some one would go 42 cents then the next would go 40 cents. the war was on and would end up in the 30's before it was over. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

learical1

Quote from: Aero426 on February 06, 2012, 01:46:45 PM
Oh you youngin's

Also formerly known as ENCO and Humble.
Bruce

hemi68charger

Troy

DAY CLONA

That SB shot has "floated" around before,...as well as this Tona from Brockton Dodge in Mass,...supposedly delivered 3/22/69 IIRC.........car 492 on the shipping list