News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....

Started by hemi68charger, February 06, 2012, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Rolling_Thunder

HAHAHAHA!      I'm sorry but anyone who charges for simple information isn't a team player and isn't trying to "police" the hobby - he's just trying to line his pockets.

Regardless - people still pay him money - so he's got a good thing going - call himself the "authority" and get paid to look at cars -        I used to inspect cars at the shop for free --   but then again what do I know?

Anyway - not to start throwing sand here - I just find it funny - I don't have to worry about it as my car isn't rare or special...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi68charger

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 06, 2012, 02:46:11 PM
... I don't have to worry about it as my car isn't rare or special...   

Mine is, but I can figure it out on my own.....   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

TUFCAT

If Galen he pointed out a bogus car to a seller, what's the problem with that??

I point out fake or bogus stuff on cars all the time.  If I witnessed a friend or associate bidding on a fake, I'd point it out in a heartbeat.

There's probably two sides to this story, but I find no harm in protecting buyers from unscrupulous sellers.

bull

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Old Moparz

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 06, 2012, 02:54:34 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on February 06, 2012, 02:46:11 PM
... I don't have to worry about it as my car isn't rare or special...   

Mine is, but I can figure it out on my own.....   :icon_smile_big:

Rare & special? I don't know,Troy, it's just one of those things you see all the time at a show like them like Camaros & Mustangs. 

:lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

hemi68charger

Quote from: bull on February 06, 2012, 04:31:08 PM
Brave often = stupid.

Yeah... I think he's suicidal, especially the way he entered into the thread's creation....... But, who am I?
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: TUFCAT on February 06, 2012, 04:29:30 PM
If Galen he pointed out a bogus car to a seller, what's the problem with that??

I point out fake or bogus stuff on cars all the time.  If I witnessed a friend or associate bidding on a fake, I'd point it out to him in a heartbeat.

There's probably two sides to this story, but I find no harm in protecting buyers from unscrupulous sellers.

I think he went on moparts to "clear" his name after this auction "mishap". The Pandora's Box he opened was all the people coming out that he's interacted with in the past (including me ). We all know moparts, Charger Board, etc. are a place of discussion, learning and sharing... He blatantly started with:

"Today is Monday February 6, 2012.
I am not here to give anyone information that I would normally charge a consultation for.
I am only here to "clean the toilet" as to identify and/or expose those people who cannot stand someone like me who is trying my best to police the Mopar hobby."

The only reason he's doing this is to defend his reputation, which is heavily tarnished. Doing this, he's hoping to maintain the value of his business and it's potential earnings. What he did at the auction deserves applause and thanks. If he's wishing to "police" the hobby, that's fine too " Captain Mopar!!!!! "... But, the meat and potatoes of people's grievances is his past business practices..
Troy

472 R/T SE

Mike DC

That thread got going pretty fast. 

I got a kick outta this post:

QuoteOn the off chance (this poster) is the real deal...

Since you don't actually pay for any of the information you collect while looking at our cars, yet charge others for said info.

1) Do not reach through car windows to move items covering the VIN when no one is around.
2) Do not lean under the hood to take pic's of Fender Tags without permission.

Hoods have a way of falling down on unsuspecting heads/hands...
S#!t Happens...

bull

I think whomever he's threatening with legal action will have plenty of time to form his defense since it usually takes GG several years to respond to people.

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on February 06, 2012, 08:09:34 PM
I think whomever he's threatening with legal action will have plenty of time to form his defense since it usually takes GG several years to respond to people.
:lol:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

RallyeMike

QuoteRegardless - people still pay him money - so he's got a good thing going - call himself the "authority" and get paid to look at cars -        I used to inspect cars at the shop for free --   but then again what do I know?

Obviously, not "how to be an entrepreneur".   :nana:

Compiling information and selling your knowledge of it is not unique to the old car hobby. The entire body of "Consulting" fits into that category. Anyone who expects him to give all his hard work away for free and get another job is the one who's being unreasonable. The fact is, most of his information is already out there in books and registries. I admire him for what he has done for the hobby and the fact that he has been able to make a career out of something he loves.

What I don't care for are the stories of his shrugging off the every day guy to cater to people with money and rare cars. If he doesn't have time to decode Joe Bobs slant 6 Dart, he should just say so. I have never met the guy, nor will I ever pay for his services, but there are just too many stories floating around about attitude and lack of service to believe there is no merit to them. Not excusable.

As far as that thread goes, I predict that it's going to draw plenty of flies.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

Another thing that irks people is the way as mentioned that he feels he can freely inspect cars at shows.  He very much does open hoods to see fender tags or move things on the dash to see the vin.  Can't forget his adamant does not exist without his blessing on the rare or unusual ones.  Bezel color on 69 500's comes to mind.  For that matter the secret 500 shipping list.
Never mind, its all just his attitude.

Cooter

Another "Drama" thread? Really? I could give two sh*ts what GG OR moparts does. BOTH are self centered.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

RallyeMike

QuoteAnother "Drama" thread? Really? I could give two sh*ts what GG OR moparts does.  

I don't give THREE sh*ts that you don't give TWO, though I think you are really are a ONE. After all, you did open and read a thread titled "Re: Wow... Govier is a brave soul on moparts....". So, clearly you are not at the TWO sh*t level. (ONE sh*ts still care enough to open threads and comment that they don't give a sh*t, TWO sh*ts don't care enough to read or post, and THREE sh*ts don't really care at all but make fun of the other Sh*t levels). At least I think that's how it works.

:poke:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 06, 2012, 07:58:34 PM
That thread got going pretty fast. 

I got a kick outta this post:

QuoteOn the off chance (this poster) is the real deal...

Since you don't actually pay for any of the information you collect while looking at our cars, yet charge others for said info.

1) Do not reach through car windows to move items covering the VIN when no one is around.
2) Do not lean under the hood to take pic's of Fender Tags without permission.

Hoods have a way of falling down on unsuspecting heads/hands...
S#!t Happens...

LOL....     Yeah... that's about my only contact with him is years ago at E-town he came down the row when myself,  and Chris(x2)s were lined up... maybe it was 04.   And GG came down the row taking pics of all the vins and fender tags.   

Later on I saw the packet he sold to a friend.  I was thoroughly unimpressed.    I really do not require his services now or in the future.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.