News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ive never seen this done to a Charger before!?!?!

Started by Chargeraddict, January 24, 2006, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargeraddict

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

6pkrunner

Besides the guys qith the quonset hut that have made 5, 6, or more General Lee 4x4s, I have seen at least 8 non-General Lee Charger 4x4s. One was a 1970 plum crazy R/T (I really hope it was a clone) but the car seemed in too good of shape to crucify it like that, genuine R/T or not.

TruckDriver

This one is from Moparts.com But it is one of like 5 that I have pictures of that are 4x4s now.

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 24, 2006, 01:05:58 PM
Plenty of times....unfortunately :(

There was one clown at Carlisle last year who had chrome stacks on his...

I've seen pictures of 5 or 6 of them.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

41husk

there used to be a 74 Charger 4x4 in my town a few years back, I havent seen that car in a few years, thank god!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

LivedodgeItaly

...umh.. :'( I like 4x4 wheeling (I own a toyota kzj 73 td from 1994 -my daily driver- and a G mercedes 300 td convertible from 1981- "war" offroad panzer...) ...but this....... guys sad I find it, donya??
                                 Andrea

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

69_500

The one that was at Carlisle this year was a factory RT/SE 69 Charger. I believe I talked to Chris about it when we were at Carlisle.

HeavyFuel

Quote from: DodgeChargerGuy on January 24, 2006, 02:17:18 PM
This one is from Moparts.com But it is one of like 5 that I have pictures of that are 4x4s now.

The dog has the right idea....piss on it.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 24, 2006, 02:33:45 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 24, 2006, 01:05:58 PM
Plenty of times....unfortunately :(

There was one clown at Carlisle last year who had chrome stacks on his...

I've seen pictures of 5 or 6 of them.

That G_L does have crome stacks on it now. Those are older pics.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bandit72

the only time i would do this  is if the car was trashed (like completely) no intererior base model 318 car...you know plain jane, rusted out hulk of car ready for the junk yard, of course if i did it it would have to have all dodge parts....i've seen alot of them on blazers....  :image_294343:

i was going to do this to my 68 ltd 4 door i used to own, but at the time funds were tight and i couldn't find a 4x4 anywhere that i could salvage for parts....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

dayclona

I was recently a  fellow mopar nuts house, in a neighboring state................where he showed me his latest resto canidate,...........1969 Hemi GTX convert,...............as you know there 's only 5 verts evermade!...............some fool years back saw fit to cut the entire unibody floor out and mount it on a blazer!.............where the engine / driveline went ?...............hate to say it , but so much is missing, all the tags are there!.................but I see rebody...............shhhhhh!

262chargers

Mike DC

It was the 70s & 80s.  What are ya gonna do?  People were cutting up Hemi'Cuda bodies in those days.

Most of these car bodies actually seem to survive pretty well over the years (assuming they weren't hacked during the installation).  That height really keeps the floors up out of the snow & road salt.

69_500

So will the argument come up with the HEMI GTX Convertible as they did for the HEMI RR Convertible that was at Carlisle this year?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TheGhost

As if the 4x4 wasn't bad enough, it has full body flares?  :puke:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Sinister68

Not a charger, but sad none the less
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Telvis

Looking at those pictures is like watching the Hindenburg disaster. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach.

chargervert

I saw a 70 Challenger R/T convertible,that someone did that to! It was a real R/T convert too!