News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dual snorkel for 400

Started by Charger_Croatia, January 25, 2006, 09:37:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Croatia

I have intention to switch my 400 motor from 2 bbl to 4bbl (and with few bolts on - post was here a while ago).
One thing just passed through my mind - do I need to change air cleaner housing to dual snorkel? I'm not worried about appearance under the hood but about air flow to the carburetor. What if I keep present 2bbl air filter housing?
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Nacho-RT74

there was one snorkel kind to 4 bbls engines, specially some 440s, but had a vacuum operated plate on lower section to open and close and let to enter more air flow. was connected on to a ported tee on carb
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Plumcrazy

2 barrel air cleaners don't fit 4 barrel carbs.  So you will need a factory 4 barrel air cleaner with one , two or no snorkels. Unless you get an aftermarket air cleaner assembly.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Charger_Croatia

Thanks for info guys, I think one more problem is waiting me. To get that part here.... ???

Mopar Madness

Ahhhh. not to worry, if you can't find a air cleaner local, let me know. I have a HP Mopar Dual Opening or a Excellent restored single 4BBL snorkle.

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Mopar Madness on January 26, 2006, 09:22:14 PM
Ahhhh. not to worry, if you can't find a air cleaner local, let me know. I have a HP Mopar Dual Opening or a Excellent restored single 4BBL snorkle.

Hey, thanks.
Check your PM.