News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Ashtray paint question

Started by tylerk, February 12, 2012, 07:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

I'm getting my dash frame painted tomorrow with my textured Buckskin from TCPGlobal, and had a question about the ashtray. I blasted it more than a year or two ago and forgot how the back of the plate needs to look? Is the main part supposed to be the textured paint too with just the actual tray left metal or is the whole backside supposed to be left metal? Thanks for helping with my question of the day lol.  :cheers:

bill440rt

The ashtray door is supposed to be painted interior color both front & back. The actual ashtray part was left plated or bare.  :yesnod:   :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

gtx6970

Quote from: bill440rt on February 13, 2012, 08:29:23 AM
The ashtray door is supposed to be painted interior color both front & back. The actual ashtray part was left plated or bare.  :yesnod:   :2thumbs:

Yep the ft face of the ashtray is interior color ( both sides )  THEN the actual ashtray was assembled

gtx6970

tylerk

Thanks guys! Does someone make the correct rivets to reattach the tray to the plate? I'm dropping my dash off to get painted today.

gtx6970

Quote from: tylerk on February 13, 2012, 09:18:36 AM
Thanks guys! Does someone make the correct rivets to reattach the tray to the plate? I'm dropping my dash off to get painted today.

rivets are avail. it's the tool that the rivets require thats expensive

tylerk

Well, I picked my dash up from getting painted...the good news is, the dash looks great. The sucky news is the ashtray, not so much. The whole thing is brown suede now...  :brickwall:
As much money as I'm putting into it lately, I really didn't need to consider a redo...