News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Nationals group get together.

Started by Telvis, January 25, 2006, 01:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I know that a lot of you go to the Mopar nationals every year. I have had the pleasure of speaking with several of you the past few years. I know we have some time before the event but I thought it might be nice if we could get a group of us who could represent this board and all of the members who Post here. I thought we could try to get us all at the same hotel. Maybe Even get a good rate. Maybe we could go to a breakfast and maybe a dinner or two together over the weekend. It would be nice to have a group of us to pal around with all weekend long. I am willing to organize everything if enough people show and interest. Heck we could even have a dc.com swap meet tent. Members could trade off working in short periods while the others are out looking around.  It would be a great way for us to get to know each other. What do you guys think?? I think It would be nice to have a nice organized group of us.

Tim

69_500

Well at least the idea is coming up now and not at the last minute before the event. It would be nice to meet up with some more people from this board. Although for some reason it never seems to work out. I think I'll try to get a vendors space at the meet this year, but would love to just hang out with some people from this board.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Mopar nationals is always in Columbus OHIO, well hasn't always been there but it isn't moving anytime soon not as long as the same people continue to run it.

And it is always the second weekend in August. I don't know if they have said the exact dates to this years show or not, but they usually come out about this time of year.

PocketThunder

Crap, i got a wedding in Madison, WI that Saturday.  When does the Nats start?  Thursday?, maybe i could take off work and come down early since i'll already be half way there..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Vendors and such set up on Thursday, and there are quite a few cars already there by then too. It really gets busy on Friday night and Saturday.

41husk

Telvis, i would be interested, if school has not started back up yet.  We have to be back the 11th of August,  If it is a Friday through Sunday thing I could leave after school on Friday.  Let me know the exact dates and details.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

count me in. just give me some more details. I had hoped to have my 72 charger rallye coupe ready by then, but my body shop says no way. Hopefully in 2007.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

41husk

I just bought a 72 ralley with a 440/727 I will probably be needing some parts after I pick her up.  Maybe you can help me with some leads.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Daytona R/T SE

Telvis, I'll be there, and I'm going to have a single swap meet space, but I'm only planning on bringing a few things-so there should be plenty of room for lawn chairs, cookout grills, other member's parts, etc.  If we need a bunch of room, I'll spring for two spaces...

Ghoste

I'll be there again but I already have my hotel reservations made and to be honest, most of the "in" hotels and motels are booked for the next before the weekend is over.  Anything you find now to get a group rate will likely be a fair distance from everything.
The dates are August 11-13 with a lot of folks arriving on the 10th.
I'm all for a get together though.

Telvis

If any of you would like to go and haven't found hotels yet let me know. I can call around and try to get a group rate. We stayed at a decent place with an indoor pool last year. It only too about ten minutes to get to the nationals from there. There were several restaurants nearby and even a movie theatre. Email me if you are interested. Once i get an idea on how many people are interested I will start calling.        t.kubajak@insightbb.com

Tim

konigcharger

sounds cool i heard the 11-13 of august i'll be at school in athens by then so i'll prob only be up sat-sun
if you have a swap meet space that would eb a good meeting place :icon_smile_cool:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

69_500

Well I'll say this, I plan on being there this year, but I do know that I won't be able to make it on August 12th. I have a prior engagement to videotape a car show on that day. I know it means missing one day of the Nats, but to me a few days at that show is all I can take.