News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Ford aero car question (two actually)

Started by Ghoste, February 25, 2012, 03:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I can't recall if I read this someplace or if it was on a dvd, but I remember something about one of the Chrysler engineers stating that they watched the Ford aero cars during the races and they noted their cars would always drop an inch during the course of the race but they could never figure out how they were doing it.  I have to assume it wasn't the usual tricks like frozen shocks or whatever.
So, how did Chrysler know they were dropping 1 inch during the race and how do you think they did it?

BigBlackDodge

I thought I remember reading about how they put/wedged rubber blocks in the suspension and after a few laps they would fall out and lower the car in the process.

I wonder if you could see the 1" difference in ride height after the race, you might if you were specifically looking for it I'm guessing.

BBD