News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memphis' 70 resto-mod

Started by Memphis Mopar, February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphis Mopar

Underneath of trunk pan area..... Now you see it.... Now you don't

Memphis Mopar

Driver side inner fender...   :scratchchin:

Memphis Mopar

Josh got the car back from the blaster. I guess the new metal work will start today!

Memphis Mopar

:popcrn:

Memphis Mopar

:cheers:

Indygenerallee

oooouu, You sure about having the floor out and inner fender and staying true on the rotiserre?? I took my 69 off the rotiserre so I can replace all the metal so I won't have to worry about distortion/body flex.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Memphis Mopar

I am sure Josh knows what he is doing. I have complete trust in Josh.  This is a finished picture of his last Charger project. Bob hope you dont mind.

charger_fan_4ever

Lots of stuff goin on nice.  :cheers:

I have seen lots of pics of cars all cut up no back end ect and no bracing. I just don't see how a unibody does not twist out of shape when everything is cut out  :shruggy:

Bobby41909

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on April 16, 2012, 03:02:11 PM
I am sure Josh knows what he is doing. I have complete trust in Josh.  This is a finished picture of his last Charger project. Bob hope you dont mind.

No problem at all.  I saw bracing on your car the other day when I was at the shop but can't speak to his plan for putting it back together.  I wouldn't be worried either.  He knows what he's doing. 

Memphis Mopar

little more progress

b5blue

Looking real nice!  :2thumbs: Hey if you or Bobby have a rear window your going to have left over let me know, mine was sandblasted by a well meaning knuckle head!

Bobby41909

Quote from: b5blue on April 24, 2012, 10:42:10 AM
Looking real nice!  :2thumbs: Hey if you or Bobby have a rear window your going to have left over let me know, mine was sandblasted by a well meaning knuckle head!

Ahhh, I just sold a new one that I got for my Charger that had heat treatment marks in it.  Found out when I got another new one that all the repro's have those marks.  Oh well.   :brickwall: 

Bobby41909

Jason, to address some of the comments you got regarding bracing the car, I took a look when I was at the shop the other day noting that Josh has it braced real nice.  Although he added bracing, he also didn't cut all of the panels out that you are replacing because it's not ready for it and they give the structure added strength.  No worries, he was well aware of the concern and pointed out all the bracing that you would expect from someone who knows what they're doing.  Most notable is the killer frame rails he added which will provide added strength now and later on (pictured below)

Memphis Mopar

Thanks Bob for the pic. I have no worries with my charger while it is in Josh's hands. I have complete trust in his resto work. I had even more confidence when I got to see your 69 charger in person and all I can say is that pictures do not do your car justice!!!  :2thumbs:   

Memphis Mopar

;)

Dino

That car needs quite a bit of work but man it's going nicely!  I love seeing these cars saved, especially the really rotten ones.  Anyone remember eastcoastcharger and his twin purple hemi cars?  Those were as bad as they come when he got 'em but they turned out beautifully.

Good job man!   :2thumbs:

Memphis Mopar

Thanks Dino. I am putting in a lot of hours at work  to pay for this build. I wish I had the "know how" and time to do this myself but I dont. My resto guy Josh goes above and beyond imho to keep me up to date with the progress and he sends me pics at least once a week. I usually go up to see the car in person twice a month. When I get an e-mail from him and see a attachment with pics it is like Christmas morning!  :yesnod:

Dino

Quote from: Memphis Mopar on April 25, 2012, 11:48:47 AM
Thanks Dino. I am putting in a lot of hours at work  to pay for this build. I wish I had the "know how" and time to do this myself but I dont. My resto guy Josh goes above and beyond imho to keep me up to date with the progress and he sends me pics at least once a week. I usually go up to see the car in person twice a month. When I get an e-mail from him and see a attachment with pics it is like Christmas morning!  :yesnod:

Hey you do what you can, at least you found a guy who knows what he's doing.  I did many restos in my time and I absolutely love the work he does, no shortcuts.

Memphis Mopar

Update on a lilttle progress

Memphis Mopar

Update... Front fenders looking rough but I know Josh will make them right!

Memphis Mopar

Memphis Mopar

Hood and deck lid back from being soda blasted

Memphis Mopar

new trunk pan finally arrived.. was on back order from AMD

Rolling_Thunder

what did you do with the old firewall section that was cut out - I need it!
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip