News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally got my 68 charger

Started by 68 charger freak, January 25, 2006, 05:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 charger freak

dip time
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

68 charger freak

On the way to the body shop for some primer...
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

Lennard

Great job, that's how you restore a car. :2thumbs:

68 charger freak

So here I am,with the car ,at work on my day off. Getting ready to clean all the oil off the car from the dipping process. Lucky I worked at a shop that allowed me to work on my car and get it in some primer, we restored many mopars at the shop over the years, that's a 69 R/t SE  before getting a full restoration on the hoist. And a 68 dart gts. it helped that we were all dodge guys at the shop.The owner even owns a 69 rt with a 572 hemi 5 speed

68 charger freak

68 charger freak

After cutting off the quarter panels and hours of degreasing,the car was ready for primer

68 charger freak

Later that day it's back home .. let the fun begin

hemi-hampton

So far so good. Have fun. LEON.

Baldwinvette77

68 charger freak

68 charger freak

68 charger freak

68 charger freak

For people who are thinking of getting there cars dipped ...the Process doesn't remove all the rust in the seams, especially in the heavily Corroded areas. But for the most part it sure leaves you with a nice starting point. The key to the dipping process is to get it neutralized  thoroughly and if you can get it ecoated... unfortunately they didn't offer it where I had it dipped

68 charger freak

After the repair to the rear crossmember was done I removed what was left of the trunk pan. The rear rails were then boxed . Next the rails were braced to the floor of the garage, the roof structure was braced to the rail, the wheel well flange and trunk/Dutchman supports were braced as well

68 charger freak

With the inner and outer wheel well missing the need for all the bracing can be seen

68 charger freak

Test fitting the outer wheel well to the quarter skin with the newly welded inner tub ... like a glove

68 charger freak

And then for some reason I did lots of work and didn't take any pictures, but as you can see the trunk pan is in as well as the extension. I also modified the outer wheel well to gain tire clearance then it was painted body colour

68 charger freak

68 charger freak

bakerhillpins

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:  Great progress you are makin.  Looks good.  :yesnod:

:popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68 charger freak

Shiny new amd full quarters took the place of the skins that I was going to use originally... at the time when I started the project ,amd wasn't around yet! So I figured if I was going to do it , do it right
Around the same time I started to mock up the dash. Ill be making the dash, console and door panels out of fibreglass and carbon fibre. The mdf is how I will be making my moulds. The foam door panel was just to see how ideas would look

68 charger freak

The seat are out of a jaguar that was gitting scraped at the shop

68 charger freak

New amd fenders and a swap meet amd door .... starting to look like a car again. for the most part the amd stuff fits well ,and if I could do it again I would have replace the original door with an amd piece. The amd stuff fits better to it's self then to original panels

68 charger freak