News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona clone or leave it be?

Started by Indygenerallee, March 02, 2012, 10:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

One is bigger one is smaller!  :lol: Yeah I made several slits and left about a 1" overhang to bolt the valance panel to, I am going to cut the bottom off the driver fender tomorrow, make the filler plates for the bumper indention and stock side marker, need to get some C channel to attach the Z brackets to the body so I can mount the nose and get it closer but still need the hood to get the exact line up to mod the fender edge. One question I sat the latch tray on top of the Z brackets and I had thought it bolted to the top of the core support but found it was short! Got looking at a few pics and it looks as if there is another piece that is bolted or welded? to the core support then the latch tray bolts to it, Anybody have a decent pic of one looks to me the best I can see it's basically a piece of angle. 
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

Well I managed to get the sidemarker filler plates cut out (used the lower portion of the new fender!) finished modifying the driver side lower fender, clamped the lower valance to the fenders to get a good look and fitment looks like it is going to be great. sat the nose in front with the Z brackets and latch tray (trying to figure out if the latch tray goes under the nose or on top?) finished up the template for the 69 bumper indention, looks like it is going to work just fine, only thing left to do is make the top fender to nosecone filler but have to wait until the hood gets here to line it up.   
100_1112 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_1111 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_1114 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_1116 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
100_1117 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

BigBlockSam

hey
the latch tray bolts to a bracket that gets welded to the radiator support . that you have to make .
the end of the  latch tray also bolts to the top of the z brackets . that's why the z brackets are boxed   :cheers: 
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

Indygenerallee

Rene, You rock buddy! Thanks!!  :cheers:

hotrod98

Do you have the frame braces and the lower valance bracket?  I still have a couple of sets left. The set includes the two frame braces, the valance bracket and the latch tray support.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Indygenerallee

Larry, You got pics? I am kind of in the dark on those pieces. unless the frame braces bolt the Z brackets to the stock bumper bracket location? :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

Quoteunless the frame braces bolt the Z brackets to the stock bumper bracket location? shruggy

yep

Indygenerallee

Rene, where does the lower valance bracket go? looks like the valance bolts to the core support at the rear does it go in between the Z brackets towards the front behind the nosecone? Thanks!

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
 you can make the latch support bracket really easy it just steps it down a little ,  daytona one is bigger of course
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger-Bodie

Im confused about the latch tray support on Renes car. On all of the other Daytonas Ive seen The support piece is just flat steel.

Here is a link to a pic of Genos :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48725.msg556153.html#msg556153
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Indygenerallee

1hotdaytona, I see what your saying (Thanks for the link to the pics!!)

BigBlockSam

if you look at the pic that mopar stuart put up .it's a step down bracket . kind like a messed up L.
you can see it in this picture too.

Charger-Bodie

Looks to be just cut off at an angle to me.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

There are variances depending on how the nose is made. The latch tray bracket that I have is based on an original but it didn't fit with my Janek nose. I had to make alterations. The frame braces bolt onto the frame where the original bumper brackets bolted on. The z braces bolt to them.

Here's a pic that I got from someone that shows the frame brackets and how everything bolts together.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Indygenerallee

cdr

hows your fender situation going ??
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

I am modifying the AMD 69 fenders there are some pics further up this page of the mods so far done, I have the lower part modified for the valance panel to fit and made the template for the bumper indention filler plate, Rene sent my 70 hood this past week so as soon as I get it I can make a template for the top leading edge of the fender. The time I will have modifying the fenders to work with the nose will be much less than reworking original rusted and dented 70 fenders.

BigBlockSam

the hood should have been there already  :shruggy:

Indygenerallee

They have not called yet Rene, Usually Greyhound is slow as molasses!! I bet it takes another week!!  :lol:

BigBlockSam

this is the first time i use greyhound

Indygenerallee

UPS just delivered my 5.7 Hemi TTI B body headers!!! And this is my first set of TTI headers ever and the quality of these compared to Hookers or Hedmans is outstanding!!! These are ceramic coated polished!! They have the O2 sensor bungs already welded into the collectors for the upstream sensors I will just have to weld in 2 more for the downstreams behind the high flow 3" cats.

100_1131 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr

cdr

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 17, 2012, 03:15:35 PM
UPS just delivered my 5.7 Hemi TTI B body headers!!! And this is my first set of TTI headers ever and the quality of these compared to Hookers or Hedmans is outstanding!!! These are ceramic coated polished!! They have the O2 sensor bungs already welded into the collectors for the upstream sensors I will just have to weld in 2 more for the downstreams behind the high flow 3" cats.

100_1131 by indygenerallee1, on Flickr
why are ya puttin cats on ?
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Im going to run small (about 6" long 3" diameter) High flow cats from Magnaflow that way the PCM sees the change before and after cat and can meter the fuel properly, alot of people think cats are very restrictive but those were the old cats from years ago, the ones I am putting on there won't hurt performance at all. I wanted to do it also for the fact if the green police ever hammer down any harder on emmisions the car will pass all emission tests in all 50 states, By the time I do the cam swap (50 horsepower right in a cam swap!) and with the OBD II plug in Diablo Intune tuner, the 5.7 Hemi will be making more horsepower than a stock HP 440 and I will probably double my MPG to boot plus the fact that it will be much more reliable, kind of nice if I want to go out for a real long cruise I could just set a fuel saver tune into the PCM or if I am out running around town wanting to send some smoke signals punch in a HP tune!! I plan on eventually getting ahold of a 6.1 Hemi on down the road after the car is built and running and replace the 5.7 with a 6.1 or better yet a 6.4!!!