News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worth rebuilding my TRW Pump or not??

Started by redmist, March 04, 2012, 01:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

My Original TRW Pump as started leaking around the reservoir, and also from the main shaft bearing. I see lots of folks upgrade to a modern Saginaw pump. Is it worth the upgrade? Is the old TRW Pump worth anything to the folks trying to do a restoration? I have no value on this thing as my car is not a numbers matching car. Whats this thing worth in great looking, but leaking condition?

Thanks!!
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.

Rolling_Thunder

The saginaw pump is just as good as the old federal pump - the saginaw pump is supported a lot more in the aftermarket -   

Not sure of the vale of the Federal pump - I have three kicking around my storage shed -  :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Cooter

I guess someone, somewhere is willing to give something for it, but I've found that once a "Federal" pump gives you problems, it's like a T-Q/Q-jet Carb IMO, throw it out and replace with something more modern that can be found locally.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

redmist

Roger that, I threw it in the corner, and ordered brackets for the newer Saginaw pump.    :cheers:
JUNKTRAVELER: all I've seen in this thread is a bunch of bullies and 3 guys that actually give a crap.