News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Want to save gas? Get this!!

Started by BBMoparFreak, January 26, 2006, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Quote from: Silver R/T on January 27, 2006, 06:22:00 PM
even if you get worse mpg with one of those, most people wont admit it cause they dont want others to laugh at them

And still, why doesn't it work?

Quote from: formula_440 on January 27, 2006, 04:16:04 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 27, 2006, 04:07:20 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 27, 2006, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 27, 2006, 02:55:00 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 27, 2006, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on January 26, 2006, 11:28:26 PM
they dont work

Why?
'cause Silver sees all, knows all...that's why. A legend in his own mind. :crazy:

Why can't anyone ever wait for his answer?  :D

Because C_F is our lead post hore.... :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

Well, that and I think many of us would rather waste time waiting for the Elisha Cuthbert Playboy spread, as opposed to wasting a moment waiting for the inevitable monosyllabic collection of insights that drip from Silver's golden keyboard like so much runny scrambled eggs. :devil: :angel:

Damn, now I want a breakfast burrito!  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_big:

Pass the Tabasco please! :D

Forget the Tabasco, you have to try "Mountain Man" roasted habernero pepper sauce.  :drool5:

http://www.cosmicchile.com/site/mountain-man-fire-roasted.html

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Johnny SixPack

Holy burning ring of fire Batman! :icon_smile_dead:

Where's the twitchy icon smilie?  :icon_smile_big:

I made the mistake of trying some of these once at a friend's house:

They weren't too bad as long as you kept eatin' them (apparently by continuing to pop copious amounts of them into your slowly melting face you paralyze the pain centers in your mouth that would otherwise tip you off to the real damage you are doing), but at 3 am the next morning I reallized they should have called them "Burning Ass From Hades Peanuts". :o

Montezuma was probably laughing so hard that night he musta wet himself.  :icon_smile_big:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

BBMoparFreak

To each their own I guess...  Just trying to be helpful and I know that my MPG has increased.

And as for your 98 dodge truck.  It has EFI, is 11 years newer, and the driver has a light foot.  I'm sure that if I went to fuel injection and drove like a little old lady I could get maybe 15 MPG, but keep in mind my truck has over 150K on it and is not as tight as it was.

Michael

Johnny SixPack

I can't comment on the system you posted, but I've personally seen some interesting solutions to increase mpg, and they can work.

My friend's grandpa built his own carb for his mid "70s Chevy 454 4x4 crew cab and claimed he was gettin' in the mid-30s for mpg, but this guy was some sort of crazy grizzled tech genius.

I never got to see the hard evidence, but considering this guy built his own planes (from scratch!), I didn't see the need to doubt to him for his claims.

Just goes to show that where there's a will, there's more than likely a way.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

The Ghoul

Im leery of any manufacturer that wont tell you how it installs and how it works.
oh and this portion of the sight
'...research, hours of prayer and a great deal of hard work.'
If im buying your product I dont care how much you prayed.... or is that prayer for people to buy this thing.
I think the best way to save money on gass is to run premium... Its knida a weard situation but I got better gassmilage by running preium gass driving the same.. so much better to the point of it saving me money.
donno why but it worked.

Plumcrazy

These type of things have been coming out for as long as I can remember.

How do they increase gas mileage?   Placepo effect.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.