News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Want to save gas? Get this!!

Started by BBMoparFreak, January 26, 2006, 02:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BBMoparFreak

Alright guys, I just installed my "Fuel Atomizer 2000" on my 87 Dodge RC 33" tires/360 4bbl/727 with 3;55 gears.
I haven't even tuned it completely and I've gone from 10 MPG highway to 14 MPG highway. 
My Dad installed one on his 97 F250 with the 351/5 speed and he upped his MPG from 14-16/17 MPG.  It's around $100 and VERY easy to install.  I had mine in in about 15 minutes and could've done it quicker.  Just thought I'd give you a heads up...
http://www.wyominginstruments.com/gas_home.htm

Michael

TK73

Interesting... not a dealer, are you?

I love to read about all the gas saving devices on the market.  Once you get past all the advertising and get to the research that has been conducted it is usually found that those devices either don't do anything or cause worse fuel efficiency...
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Troy

Too bad their web site blows up browsers other than IE...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Highbanked Hauler

As far as atomization wouldn't the old cross ram do the same thing?
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

70charginglizard

How much are they? I dont see a cost of the item anywhere on that web page.  ???
70charginglizard

HAZZARDJOHN

I smell something Fishy! I have owned several 460 fords over the years and there is no way they got one to get 24 MPG. Unless it was idleing in neutral being pulled behind another truck. I don't know about this, if it was so good why wouldn't everyone hav one? Don't give me the old,"the Government doesn't want you to know about it" Line either.

~HJ
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't fix your brakes, but don't worry I made your horn louder."

derailed

Cool, did it come with the free carpet cleaner/buffing pad/glass cleaner/can opener and for a limited time buy now and recieve the free DVD player/ice maker?

KMPX2

Look at the claims they post on there web site your gains are no where near what they state other people have gotten. Now do the math how long will it take for it to pay for it's self ? Along time ! Your money would have been better off some place else.

hemihead

If it is too good to be true... it is!  ::)
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BBMoparFreak

Well, I haven't finished tuning it yet so hopefully I can get it up to 16 MPG.  Of course they're going to use the best figures they can find for their advertisement.  Wouldn't you?  I guess the reason that hardly anybody has them is that they just don't advertise them very much.

And my gas bill for each month is around $300.  If I get it to lets say 15 MPG, that's a 50% increase.  Every MPG counts man.  When I have a 32 gallon tank and am filling up around 250 miles per tank, if I get 4 more MPG I can go 128 more miles per tank.  The gains are there.

I'm in no way connected to WyomingInstruments, just telling you guys my experience.  I believe they're only $100 or something like that.
http://www.wyominginstruments.com/g_ordr.htm  Just find a distributor near you and you can order it through them.  I would probably contact "WI" personally because their dealer locater map last time I checked had very few dealers on it, and the one we ordered through wasn't listed on it as well.

Take it for what you will, all I know is that I should be getting a 50% increase in gas mileage by the time I'm done tuning...

Michael

Dave22443

I have a '98 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 w/33" tires and 360 EFI Automatic.  Bone stock, no after-market add-ons.  I drive with a light foot and regularly get 17 MPG.

My question with the after-market gas-savers is this:  If they worked, wouldn't the factory already use them?  I mean, they already complain about CAFE standards being too high.  If a 50% increase in milage could be obtained for another $100 in sticker price, I'm fairly sure they would do it.

On the flip side though, technologies change and things improve.  Maybe they are doing it on the new cars?  After all, my fairly comperable truck to yours is already getting 17MPG, without the atomizer add-on.  :shruggy:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Rolling_Thunder

$300 a month ?   Hell July of 2004....     my gas bill (for MY gas card) was just about $1400.00....     thats just for one month.....    needless to say I am looking into fuel injection
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nh_mopar_fan

He's full of crap. These things hit the market every time gas prces go up. They've been debunked so many times it's getting tiresome. One of the tests I saw showed that you actually get WORSE mileage.

To make it worse, those two bozos on Speed TV, Two guys garage, are pushing them as well. They'll obviosuly sell anything thatthey are paid to.

Hey, maybe it's an honest mistake and it's either a case of wishful thinking or math is hard, I don't know. But, I don't buy it for a second.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on January 27, 2006, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 27, 2006, 02:55:00 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on January 27, 2006, 12:05:39 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on January 26, 2006, 11:28:26 PM
they dont work

Why?
'cause Silver sees all, knows all...that's why. A legend in his own mind. :crazy:

Why can't anyone ever wait for his answer?  :D

Because C_F is our lead post hore.... :yesnod:      :icon_smile_wink:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 27, 2006, 04:07:20 PM
they dont work

Why?
'cause Silver sees all, knows all...that's why. A legend in his own mind. :crazy:

Because C_F is our lead post hore.... :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

Well, that and I think many of us would rather waste time waiting for the Elisha Cuthbert Playboy spread, as opposed to wasting a moment waiting for the inevitable monosyllabic collection of insights that drip from Silver's golden keyboard like so much runny scrambled eggs.  :devil: :angel:

Damn, now I want a breakfast burrito!  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_big:

Pass the Tabasco please! :D
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

69_500

Wow this  thread went full circle from a gas saving tip, to a playboy spread.

No comments on whether or not we should invade North Korea yet, so there is still hopes for this thread.

Charger_Fan

Let's invade Nevada!! :boogie:

Quote from: formula_440 on January 27, 2006, 04:16:04 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 27, 2006, 04:07:20 PM
they dont work

Why?

Because C_F is our lead post hore.... :yesnod: :icon_smile_wink:

Well, that and I think many of us would rather waste time waiting for the Elisha Cuthbert Playboy spread, as opposed to wasting a moment waiting for the inevitable monosyllabic collection of insights that drip from Silver's golden keyboard like so much runny scrambled eggs.  :devil: :angel:

Damn, now I want a breakfast burrito!  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_big:

Pass the Tabasco please! :D
Yeah, what you said... :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

wetfeetmi

If these things work, W. may not have to invade Iran.

Silver R/T

even if you get worse mpg with one of those, most people wont admit it cause they dont want others to laugh at them
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

Quote from: wetfeetmi on January 27, 2006, 05:57:49 PM
If these things work, W. may not have to invade Iran.
He probably will anyways as soon as he can figure out how to spell it and look it up on a map