News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 seat belt latch disassembly

Started by 68blue, March 11, 2012, 02:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Working on my belts, mainly a clean, paint, and dye job, but the vinyl that is laminated to the latch tops is bubbled up in a few places. Going to try to cammo this with a spatter texture, but in the event it doesn't work, how do these things come apart?  :shruggy:

resq302

The dimpled riveted ends are pressed together.  When I redid mine and powder coated them, I used a thin flat head screw driver and pried up on the one end of the rivet.  Be VERY CAREFUL as it is only a thin post on the end of the dimpled rivet and can break or snap off very easily.  Installation is just in the reverse order by pressing them back together.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto