News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roof rail draining problem?

Started by javakmcharger68, January 26, 2006, 07:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

javakmcharger68

Started putting chrome peices back on my 1968 charger after getting it painted, & I got a question. When rain falls off the roof into the roof railing making it into the channel does the rear trim peice attached into the corner of the corner window have a gasket of some type so that rain does not enter the car area. I have a bit of a gap inbetween the corner chrome & the metal it attaches to. Thanks

Drop Top

I'm not sure I fallow you. Can you get a picture of the area in question?

javakmcharger68

Charger_Fan

With your windows up, the rain shouldn't be able to get in regardless. What does make it past the weatherstripping will just drain down the inside of the 1/4 panel & out the rocker drains. 
My Charger's got a gap like that too, but it's maybe less noticeable because it's covered by the vinyl top.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

javakmcharger68

Drop Top

The factory used a type of seam sealer in that area. It would eventually dry up and fall out over the years. I come in from behind with strip chalking made by 3M.